kontera.com?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kontera.com?

the forums are running superslow for me, the whole time i'm on a page, my browser is trying to get data from xxx.kontera.com....never finishes loading. this is the only site that does it.

what's up, guys? normally, i'd blame this on ads...but we don't have any?
    [TG]epheneh

Re: kontera.com?

Originally posted by burble
    the forums are running superslow for me, the whole time i'm on a page, my browser is trying to get data from xxx.kontera.com....never finishes loading. this is the only site that does it.

what's up, guys? normally, i'd blame this on ads...but we don't have any?
    Run hijack this. Sounds like you got some sort of browser hijack.

Comment

From the bottom of the page.
      Code:
      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="http://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js"></SCRIPT>
      <!-- DynamiContext AdLinks -->
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

nope. running firefox, and TG is the only site that does it.

something on the forums is doing it, it's not on my end.
        [TG]epheneh

Comment

ya sniped me there, wyzcrack.

so you've found it. now it must be eliminated. >:(
          [TG]epheneh

Comment

I'm running Firefox and getting this as well.

EDIT: I disabled Java and now I'm running clean.

Comment

yeah, it's a javascript that's doing it.

i tried blocking kontera.com and that other digitalwhatsit.com thing in my hosts file, but it's still trying to load from subdomains.

why do we have those dumb links at the bottom of the page in the first place?

edit- what the hell, now we've got some adware hightlighting keywords.

this is not cool, admins.
              [TG]epheneh

Comment

I am also getting something weird... When looking at the forums, if I put the cursor over the work Hardware, for example, it turns green and I get some ad pop-up. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

DynamiContext AdLink, whatever that is.

Comes from: http://www.kontera.com/advertiserDemo/screen4.html

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Add

*.kontera.com*
                    ads.digitalpoints.com

to AdBlock (w/ "Remove Ads" selected) and you're done. :)

These ads help fund our gaming. Most people will leave them be, but it's good to have options as a web consumer. Firefox and its many extensions offer those options.

<3 Fx
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

GAK!

Let me fix that ASAP.. It's not supposed to be running on this site.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

lmao, I was wondering what was going on. Yea the ads aren't really cool, they distract me from my regular trolling.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Okay.. The Kontera stuff is pulled. It was supposed to be running on another site I'm toying with, I don't know why Apache decided to start dropping it on the TG site.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

phew! I was running spybot and adaware like crazy wondering wth was going on!

Then ofcourse i found the kontera block and figured something happened on the site :P

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X