Dark Souls 3 anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Souls 3 anyone?

Started playing DS3 last week, my first Souls game proper (playing Bloodborne but taking a long break lol). Absolutely loving it so far, intriguing, beautiful game with fascinating lore and story.

Pretty challenging but I've managed remain calm when getting pancaked repeatedly.

Anyone else playing?

Re: Dark Souls 3 anyone?

I play on the xbox1. Time spent is a couple hours every couple weeks, my life just cant take that kind of stress ;) The last time I played I was invaded and lost like 40000 souls, I grinded my teeth and calmly put the controler down, walked down stares and let out a good f bomb. Thats pretty much the routine lol.

Comment

Darksouls 1 and 2 player, waiting to buy 3, life is too busy for that kind of game right now.

Great series with beautiful lore and aesthetics
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

[MENTION=18805]Shane[/MENTION] oh I know that pain though I don't think I've dropped quite that much yet but I'm only at the undead settlement at the moment and I don't even think I've fully explored what little I have seen so far.

I loved Bloodborne, particularly the setting/style, can't remember how far I've got just that I got stuck and I haven't revisited it yet. So I picked up Dark Souls 3 and dived right in. I think I've probably already made some terrible mistakes as regards builds, borking storylines, missing things etc but I'm loving it anyway.

I picked Assassin for my first character, which apparently is a mistake as conventional wisdom says the Knight is better for DS noobs lol. I have a fraction over zero clue as to what character/class does what beyond common sense assumptions and we know how that can go. I'm currently using a mix of Lothric Knight armour, chain mail and whatnot. I upgraded some sword, made it raw apparently, did something else to it and it's doing ok for me with an East West shield or something (100% physical damage reduction).

I tried using a couple of party shields but apparently I'm not good at parrying yet lol so I went back to a more tanky shield. I'm sure I should be using some stabby little Assassin dagger but it doesn't appeal and the thought of trying to kill some 7 story boss baddy with what amounts to an enchanted butter knife fills me with dread.

Oh, I can't hit the side of a Gothic castle with a bow and arrow, much to my dismay. Need to work on that.

I did however kill the second boss in somewhat spectacular if haphazard fashion. I was exploring, just about to return home as it were. Out of estus flasks and at about 30% health (at a guess) I accidentally triggered the fight. What followed was a lot of frantic slashing, rolling and real life screaming. I beat the boss, first attempt, no estus or healing...without taking a hit (I think, need to watch the video). Complete and utter fluke but still, I did it. Really enjoying this game.

Comment

If there is one suggestion I can make without being to spoiler-y, is to accept Yoel of Londor(The pilgrim guy from undead settlement bridge)'s gift he offers, it is well worth it with only a minor side effect. Oh, and don't mess with the crabs.

I had a lot of fun with the game, funnily enough I had the most struggle with the very first boss. Took me over ten tries to kill the damn guy, always had him slivered and either I got greedy or he pull some crazy ass move I had no idea how to dodge. There were some other bosses that definitely gave me a rough no-lube time, but the first guy always in my heart for getting my ass whooped. I did a lot of coop too, which made the game funner as well, either helping a guy with a boss or running around in an area exploring with the inevitable invasion looming. Invasions for me were hit or miss. Either they invaded and had a fun fight or they went super sweaty no fun, only the most meta of weapons and equipment allowed. I kinda wish I kept it longer and did another playthrough as a spellcaster, saw a buddy playing one and it looked really fun.

Oh, and explore firelink shrine as much as you can and return to it often after completing an area/boss

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
            Oh, and don't mess with the crabs.
            Shave it off and apply the cream mate, it will be fine.

Comment

I'm talking about a game Jeepo, not on how to make a potato bangable

Comment

In case anyone hasn't seen it or doesn't know what were talking about here's the 'Kingdom Fall' trailer for the game, epic!

Here's the 'True Colours' trailer...

Comment

Hit level 40 I think, thought I was doing ok. Met a Dark Knight with some sort of Ultra Great Sword thing. Say hello to the 'You died' screen lol. I did whittle him down to his last sliver of health on my second attempt but he moved so quickly and aggressively that it was a real struggle to learn his move set, you know while trying to dodge the massive sword he seemed intent on putting in my skull lol.

Comment

Hahaha

Just found this officially produced Dark Souls 3 1980's style VHS video trailer.

Comment

I've been through the game with 4 different characters so far, messed around with both Warriors of Sunlight and Blades of the Darkmoon and am now contemplating a 5th character to go through it all again and this time, a first for me in the DS series, have a go at NG+. It's amazing how much better it is than both DS1 & DS2 in almost every way.

Read a bit about bleed/poison functions in this game, and don't think I'll find this enjoyable. Might have to give pyromancy or magic a try - Never did bother with that in the previous games. Somewhat worried about becoming gimped during invasions, but I suppose that's just a different challenge.

Comment

I've only recently discovered the Souls/Souls Reddit Community and I've been having a great laugh getting my head round the humour and lore. Finding the 'Giant Dad/OnlyAfro' videos for the first time has been glorious.

Comment

Contains mild spoilers!

So apparently I suck at both dodging and parrying lol. Yeah, the Abyss Watcher in his second phase is a bit of a ass.

I had just fended off my first invasion proper with the help of a Blue Bro, sending Mr Purple back whence he came and was feeling good. After killing the Deacons I decided it was time for Farron Keep. I cut through the defenders to the gate and the other weirdo tree hippy things without incident, snagging a very spiffy Dark Armour chest piece into the bargain, and proceed to the big boss doors. Upon entering the arena I was presented with a bad guy very reminiscent of a Bloodborne hunter who by all appearances was determined to give me some bother. Battle Commences!

We dance around a bit and using an upgraded Hollowslayer Great Sword I smack him about a bit and the other chaps who joined in mid fight (not sure what that was all about). Having put the mongrel down and about to reach for my beverage I was somewhat perturbed to see him get back up with a flaming sword. It transpires that I had initially downed him before he'd had a chance to really warm up, how unsporting of me, and now he had completed his morning callisthenics he wished to have a word with me about my lack of manners.

What followed was a lot of running about, circling, frantic chugging of Estus flasks (which apparently he found extremely offensive, judging by his repeated and vicious attacks during what I regarded as perfectly reasonable refreshment breaks) and occasional hits from me that served to only enrage the chap further. Six or seven failed drink breaks later and he launched me skyward with yet another attack I seemed helpless to predict, parry or defend. Back to the bonfire for this hapless adventurer.

Anyone else find that fight challenging?

Comment

I'm also absolutely worthless at parrying, so I usually have a few issues with it. It's usually solved by either using a shield for the 1st part or summoning a sunbro or 2. The 2nd part usually suits my playstyle a bit better (when soloing).

Comment

Some enemies you gotta roll different ways. While rolling backwards works on one guy would give the next enemy the perfect spot to knock your face off. I can't remember perfectly for the Abyss Watchers I wanna say you should roll towards them at an angle. I wouldn't really want to try to parry bosses, the game really doesn't let you know which boss is parry-able, let alone which attack. I always end up waving my shield at them when enemies do their you're already dead attack.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X