every10minutes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every10minutes

So i have 189 caps that are all valid to put in on the xbox 360 drawings(please don't ask why or how, no i did not buy them all), but how should i play these caps? i mean if i put them all in one drawing and lose that that would suck. But i have a better chance of putting 189 in a drawing instead of 25 or maybe even 5 a drawing. what are your thoughts?
    When I get home people'll ask me, "Hey, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Re: every10minutes

I have been doing 5 together, but I was thinking about saving them up and doing them all at once. I think you would have better odds saving them up.

Comment

What bottles / cans have em? I looked at the 24oz bottles and the 24pack cases at the grocery store the other day and didn't see anything about the giveaway.

Need a stats whiz to figure out what your best odds are.. 189 in say 1000... or 1 in 1000 189 times.. or 5 in 1000 35 times.. Are they the same? Shrug, I think I missed that day in stats class.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

What are you guys talking about?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Took the words right outta my mouth

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Pepsi / Mountain Dew is giving away a Xbox360 every 10 minutes

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/everyten/home2.php
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            | for | |

Comment

Hmmm, well, how many codes can you type in, in a ten minute period of time? I doubt you'll want to try to type 'em all in ten minutes...

I think you'll be better off entering them ASAP, because not many people know about this contest yet. I've never even seen a bottle with this contest yet. If you've got 189 already, I'd try to enter as many of them as possible in a contest around 4am Eastern time.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

I think you get to add all the codes to your account then get to choose which 10 minute period to apply them to.
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                  I think you get to add all the codes to your account then get to choose which 10 minute period to apply them to.
                  I would still enter them all in a single contest ASAP at an hour that is likely to have the least number of entries (early morning).
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                    |TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Do it all at once and pick some hour in the middle of the night. I think your chances will be best if you raise your chances for one draw. Although, when they did the iPod contest I know people that have won by entering a couple of times late a night or entering a case of caps in the afternoon.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                        Do it all at once and pick some hour in the middle of the night. I think your chances will be best if you raise your chances for one draw. Although, when they did the iPod contest I know people that have won by entering a couple of times late a night or entering a case of caps in the afternoon.
                        Keep in mind that these are Mountain Dew drinkers that we're talking about... They're likely to be up late!

Perhaps it would be a decent idea to split the caps between two contests? For me, assuming that I didn't spend any extra money or effort to get the caps, I'd just put them all in one contest to help ensure that I won just one prize. Save the other prizes for other cap scavengers...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

It's still going to be a gamble. Some thought from the iPod contest that entering at night was worse because everybody thought that there would be less entries.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                            It's still going to be a gamble. Some thought from the iPod contest that entering at night was worse because everybody thought that there would be less entries.
                            Yeah, that's true. Perhaps like 8am Eastern time would be best? Most people headed to school/work and the "night owls" are probably in bed?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I don't think the time really matters THAT much.. I mean, right now you can choose a drawing at 5am next week..
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed