Call of Duty 2 Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 2 Demo

Is out now, and you can get it at most any file sharing provider like fileplanet etc...

And it is just amazing. Though short and only single player, it makes me drool for more. There are also a lot of changes: sprint is gone, and though you can still bunny hop (it seems) you cant really aim at all while jumping, and normal aiming down the sights takes longer. Going to prone and standing up takes A LOT longer, considering how prone jumping gave such a great advantage in the first one. Aiming is much more difficult as well, and combined with the rediculously amazing audio (though I have 7.1 surround) probably the most realistic weapon firing in any game I have experienced. The voice scripting is awesome too, and your buddies will shout out enemy positions or where to flank.

Anyone else try this? If you haven't well then you're missing out on the demo for what is without a doubt best game of 2005.

Re: Call of Duty 2 Demo

I'll check this out tonight. Thanks for the StupidAwesome tip man!

Comment

I played the demo yesterday. Having never played the first one I guess i'm not biased either way. I thought it was maybe and 8 out of 10 mainly because the mission is very cinematic but far too linear, but i guess that is the only way to get all those exellently scripted events. I thought the ride up to the city was awesome and i was amazed to actually see mirage effects. I was surprised at the quality of the death animations too, at one point i thought i had hit a far off german troop in the head and forgot about him, only to see him get up and star shooting sans helmet! If they release a MP demo soon i can really get a good feel for whether too buy this game or not because i don't think singleplayer is enough to get me to but most FPS games.

---

Comment

Call of Duty is the first game I ever played online. I have been playing it until BF2 was released. That is two years. Call of Duty: United Offensive is an excellent expansion as well. Once you find a community (mine is all 25+aged) that you want to play with... It will not let you go.

I still have not tried the demo yet. I got it on a CD while I am at work... So can't wait till I get home.

I will probably neglect BF2 for a quite a while due to this game.

Comment

I loved the demo but was very confused about how you lose health. Is there no health bar, and the only way to die is to sustain a lot of damage at one moment? Very odd.

Comment

Just played it this morning. I thought it was brilliant. I loved the original COD multiplayer, "Killcam"
            "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Santa
              I loved the demo but was very confused about how you lose health. Is there no health bar, and the only way to die is to sustain a lot of damage at one moment? Very odd.
              Yes your health regenerates. (Damn Xbox.)
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Its almost as if god mode is enabled. I played the demo on veteran with no crosshairs. I went through it in 5 minutes of spraying and praying. Currently I'm more excited about Brothers in Arms 2.

Comment

the first one had health packs that the enemies would drop or be placed in convenient locations (along with ammo or guns) in the single player.

I think the new regen system will be alright for single player, but I admit I am skeptical about how it will work out it multiplayer.

As far as the scripted linearity, that is just call of duty for you. The first one was an amazing cinematic experience too, but gave tons and tons of action. You move from cover to cover and going in rambo is the best way to die. You have to time your movements and make good use of cover. If I can get another 15-20 hours of what the demo offered I would gladly pay $50 for it.

Comment

True about the health regen. I took about 10 grenades to the face throghout the mission and survived.

---

Comment

The Demo is too linear, and far from being realistic. I am so used to Battlefield 2's engine and realism it is hard for me now to go back to COD.
                      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Everything I've read about the single player for this is they're trying to make each level non-linear with several objectives you can tackle in any order. Probably isn't evident in the demo but I'm interested to see how it works out with the full retail version. Even if it's linear it will still be a good single player experience but if they can work that out somehow it should be amazing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X