Empires Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empires Mod

Guys, the links below may fail for you, given the attention Empires' site is getting post-release. See post #15 of this thread for a mirror to the client download (follow the directions in the post exactly). Post #24 also has a direct link to Empires' forums, if the link below fails.

See Post #32 for a Tactical Gamer hosted client download.

--Wyzcrak

http://www.empiresmod.com/
    http://www.empiresmod.com/infoBuildings.php
    Mod for hl2

Two teams fight each other, they each get a commander
    The players purchase the vehicles, but the command can lock that to specific players

As the game progresses, upgrades will be available in many forms to players. Normal players can be promoted in rank and given command of a squad of infantry (consisting of either human players or bots or a combination of both), given custom abilities such as the scout's ability to hide almost completely from enemy sight, and given upgraded attributes such as improved weapon handling. Upgrades will also become available to vehicles and aircraft in the form of improved weapons, ammo, armor, and engines.
    The commander can lock his team's factories for either specific players or everyone so that only players specifically designated may build vehicles and aircraft, or he can leave them unlocked so that players can walk into the factory and purchase a unit.
    Maintenance tunnels are not built by the team's commander but are instead automatically created during building construction to link buildings together for the sharing of electricity and geothermal gases. Due to its role of connectivity, it can serve as a safe passage to move from building to building within a base that is under siege, but it can also be utilized by enemy units for the purpose of guerilla attacks from within an enemy base. Without careful monitoring by a patrol unit or remote sensory equipment, it can also serve as an easy means of infiltration by utilizing a passing geothermal vent to dig into an enemy maintenance tunnel and create a stealthy entrance into the enemy base.
    The command gets picked by his team before the match starts.

Any chance of seeing this hosted here?
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 03-04-2006, 05:46 PM.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: Empires Mod

Looks kinda like Mechwarrior, and that was a great game so I look forward to this.

Comment

ohh for HL2, nice. This looks interesting! Can't wait to try it out.

- -

Comment

We also have Command and Conquer Regenade mod for HL2 as well. Also this game was orginally on the BF1942.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
          We also have Command and Conquer Regenade mod for HL2 as well. Also this game was orginally on the BF1942.

Ooohh, now that was a nice game... I haven't heard of a mod like it for HL2, I'll have to try both of these out!

Comment

There is also supposed to be a Red Alert mod for BF2 as well. They have media for it if you want the site just let me know I will try to dig it up.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Looks interesting but:
              Q: When will Empires for Half-Life 2 be available for download?
              A: No exact date is scheduled, but we will hold closed testing until we have a playable alpha version ready to be downloaded by the public. Then we will begin making releases available to the public.
              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I agree, this game looks great. I will definitly want to play this one.

Comment

They have a 12 minute gameplay trailer up on their website. Also looks like a release date of... tomorrow :)
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

This mod is being released in an hour or so, they have a new players guide here:

http://www.empiresmod.com/help/

I'll play it for a while tonight any post my initial thoughts later :).
                    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Empires Player Guide
                      Other Useful Tips for New Players

* You only spawn with one clip for your weapons, so a pitstop at the armory is always a good idea.
                      NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

:)
                        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Wow this mod looks awesome. If this is as good as it looks I might buy HL2 just to play it.
                          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Downloading now... eeee
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I've provided a mirror for Tactical Gamer members.

http://s90175778.onlinehome.us/empir...res_V1Beta.exe

Send that link to yourself in a Tactical Gamer forums Private Message, then click on the link.

It's the fastest mirror we've found.
                              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X