Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to two NS greats...

verbose and squeak.

verbose was recruited to Tactical Gamer by a post Tempus made in the naturalselection.com forums, so it only makes sense that he too stands as a pillar of how a TG player should act when on our servers: competitive always, but courteous first and foremost. We don't see as much of verbose as we'd like to these days, as he's busy with work (but continues his supporting membership nonetheless), but I do hope he enjoys his day. Were he in Memphis, I'd take him to the local brewery and buy him a round or two. :)

Squeak for some time has gone above and beyond the support he shows TG with his supporting membership. He often participates in discussions in the NS forum about where and how we should lead the NS server with regard to gameplay and modifications. He's included a link to TG in his other forums' signatures. His most noteworthy contribution, in my opinion, is the extensive work he's done to create and build TacticalWiki.com, especially (but not only) the NS portions therein. Active in the competitive NS community, he is responsible for introducing to our server some of our competitive regulars we call friends.

Happy release date to you both. Many thanks for all that you have and will bring to this community, especially to Natural Selection.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Happy Birthday to two NS greats...

happy birthday, both of you greats :D. never having played NS, i cant say how good you are but from Wyz, i believe that you both are great assets for this community.

Comment

I'll not add to the bios, but I will say "Happy Birthday". :)
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

OMG, thank you so very much for those kind words wyz. Flattery will get you everywhere!

Hey, Happy Release Day verbose!
        USAR

Comment

Happy birthday to two of my most favorite TG'ers!
          --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Wow. Wyz with the words. Verb with the thanks! The beer offer is especially cool, as not only am I a beer connoisseur, but Wyz isn't a big drinker IIRC. That's looking out for your buds!

I do want my props on the wiki though...shouldn't I get stock or something for being a ground-level idea-man? :)

"Release Day" -- I love it. Already shared that with some fellow geeks. True to form for a 1.0 release, I'm chock full of bugs (features!).

I do wish I was online gaming more with you all. When I received the automated birthday email from TG, I got immediately homesick for this community. I leave for my Montana project in about two weeks, but when I return hopefully I can catch up on some much needed friend-killing.
            "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Keres
              Happy birthday to two of my most favorite TG'ers!
              Oh, Root's going to be sooooo jealous. ;)

BTW, Happy Birthday guys!

Comment

shutdown.....:D. [/Random comment]

Comment

happy birthday kidos!

Comment

Happy birthdays. I don't really play NS anymore but I have had plenty of GGs with you both.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Happy birthday! squeak has gorge hacks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse