Airsoft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft

Me and some buddies have decided to get into Airsoft. I've already purchased my first gun, and it should arrive shortly. I decided to go with a cheap AEG M4A1 knock-off thats 40 bucks. Here is what I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FULL-AUTO-M4-RIS...QQcmdZViewItem

however, I did not buy mine from eBay. This guy just has better pictures of it.

Eventually, i'm thinking of buying the UTG MP5. It's a knock-off of the Tokyo Marui MP5, and is almost exactly like it in every regard, except the UTG one's muzzle and top site is abs plastic and not steel. It's also a hundred bucks less then the Tokyo Marui one...

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item....id=250&catid=9

What do you think?

Also, any advice to help me whipe the floor with my buddies? Inside tips, tactics... anything? =)
    Last edited by Lazarus; 10-26-2005, 12:48 AM.

Re: Airsoft

Ok, I dont play airsoft, but I HAVE shot my friend in the foot with an airpistol. Another thing is that my friend has the MP5 without a clip, and an M4 without a clip and they don't work(he got them cheap). I can tell you from holding both that IMO I would go with a rifle. I just cant seem to aim right with something as small as an MP5. You dont have to trust me, I havent really shot these, but I would like to....

Comment

How do airsoft games work anyways? Do you just drop dead once you feel the ouchies?
      [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
      [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Pretty much. It is based on the honor system and there is no visible way to determine if someone has been hit.
        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Airsoft - my OTHER life.

I've tried Paintball when I was younger, but was then introduced to Airsoft and fell in love. It's like jumping from a public server to a TacticalGamer server; it's THAT much difference!

Airsoft relies on the honor system. That is if you are hit with a BB you say HIT! and, depending the rules, you either put on a red death rag, fall over dead, or count your hits till you are out of the game for good. There are probably more varations, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Airsofters dress up in BDU's (from US Woodland, Tiger/Asian Stripe, Flecktarn, MARPAT, WWII OD Green, etc) and try and look the role of a soldier more or less. Tactical vests, sidearms, tracer units, night vision, boonie hats, helmets, kneepads, etc are all common attire and accessories at events.

Airsoft events usually have objectives and are relatively MilSim orinated. Great people and always a blast.

The airsoft guns are 1:1 scale replicas of their counterparts. Most states forbid them to be brought out in public cities, or even not have an orange tip on them because of the accuracy of how they look and feel. The ICS SR-16 I will be buying here soon enough will be almost the exact wait of a real M16 varient while looking exactly like it. It is something you shouldn't mess around with in public in ANY situation.

Airsoft BBs are plastic with a very very small hollow inside if you cut it in two pieces. .2-.43grams and 6mm wide. The heavier BBs are mainly for upgraded guns.

Anyway..I think I've said enough about the sport that any bystander can pick up on it.

I haven't played with guns like those yet. I believe that is a LPEG. I have a friend that recently bought the UTG MP5 and he loves it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the MP5 (small magazine, not that accurate in woodland areas, small sized rifle), but it ended up to shoot just as well as the stock TM M4 I was using at the time. I would suggest putting a few upgrades into it though.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live around Indiana and am one of the founding members of Indiana Airsoft Association (IAA) which is starting the airsoft scene here in Indiana. I could point you in the right direction for a great good of people to play with if you're interested. I know many groups around the US and could point you towards their boards which I assume will answer any questions you have and be very friendly towards ya.

I've been noticing a lot of Airsofters! That's a great thing! Hope more people will find out how great this sport really is. =)

Comment

This might be right up my ally, since I hate how paintball guns shoot (all over the bloody place). So can somebody shoot you in the helmet and you have to die? Or what about in vest areas etc.? What happens if you don't feel that you just got shot? (It hit the vest or your shoe etc.)

Edit: Is that offer on Ebay a good price? Or should I check somewhere else.
            Double Edit: N/m that guy is crappy with his shipping price :row1_15:
            [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
            [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Deveran
              Airsoft - my OTHER life.
              I believe that is a LPEG.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?
              Are LPEG's OK, or did I waste my money?

I'm in Kansas, near Kansas City.

Comment

This looks like it's up my alley, but when looking for guns I discovered the legislation that requires you to have a gun licence to import the guns, and makes it illegal to buy them within Australia :(

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                  This might be right up my ally, since I hate how paintball guns shoot (all over the bloody place). So can somebody shoot you in the helmet and you have to die? Or what about in vest areas etc.? What happens if you don't feel that you just got shot? (It hit the vest or your shoe etc.)

Edit: Is that offer on Ebay a good price? Or should I check somewhere else.
                  Double Edit: N/m that guy is crappy with his shipping price :row1_15:
                  What kind of marker are you shooting?
                  "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Comment

I am an avid paintballer and I tried airsoft last week in the woods with an airsoft group. it sucked big time. They were more into the milsim then the actual playing, it was too lame for me. Also, I would spray into a wooded or bushy area and the BB's wouldnt even penetrate and this was like 30 feet away. these were good airsoft guns but I still preferr paintball even with the accuracy issues. At least it sounds loud and the projectile is heavy. Just my opinion.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

This might be right up my ally, since I hate how paintball guns shoot (all over the bloody place).
                      All over the place? Sounds like you need a new paintgun. You should be able to hit someone accurately out to at least 50 yards...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
                        Are LPEG's OK, or did I waste my money?

I'm in Kansas, near Kansas City.

LPEG's are good for starters -- to see if you like the sport and all. My first gun was a springer and I fell in love with the sport. Then I switched over to AEGs and it just got better.

Here's an organization right in your area: http://www.kcairsoft.com/site/portal.php

I haven't talked to them or checked them out much, so be warned, but all and all every organizaiton is usually VERY friendly and helpful! =) Judging by their forum, it looks like their not THAT active but still have regular skirmishes you can come out and play.

For more information I'd suggest going to: www.airsoftcore.com , www.airsoftplayers.com , www.airsoftretreat.com ... Those are the main sites, but are highly saturated with younger kids, but are usually moderated quite well. I prefer AirsoftCore myself (Boogy is the nick...was like the 75th member to sign up on that site). If you can't find an answer, just ask myself and I'll find you one. ;)

So can somebody shoot you in the helmet and you have to die? Or what about in vest areas etc.? What happens if you don't feel that you just got shot? (It hit the vest or your shoe etc.)
                        Rules are usually different. Some people have headshots and you're dead, some have it where if it hits your gun your still alive, some have it where ricoshets don't count, some have it where if you're hit you can't use that body part, some have it where if you're hit you get a medic to pull a card and if it says "hit in arm" they grab their surgical tape and wrap you up and wait a 30s (which always seems to be a funny site when you see people coming out of a skirmish totally wrapped in surgical tape in one area because they kept drawing that card). It all depends on the organization and the event.

LPEGs or stock guns at far distances don't seem to feel that much if hit on a well covered area (like a chest with your BDU, VEST, and Holster), but most the time you can hear it hit you. All and all, if you're unsure what just happened, you call yourself out and wait a good 5-10 minutes to come back into play (well..atleast where I play we wait 5-10 minutes). The higher upgraded guns hurt a lot more, especially at close range. Here in Indiana and Ohio, we have a minimum engagement range of 50ft if you're firing 400fps. This is still very close, but it prevents people from charging and welting people up with their upgraded gun. Furthermore, the heavier the BB the louder the sound. On my sniper rifle I use to own, I was using .43s during some windy days, when I hit the guy, I could hear it even from the 100ft engagement distance I was set at. My teammate plays over in South Carolina with the military in some "games" they have and they use upgraded airsoft guns. I believe he said they were shooting around 550-600fps (which is offlimits where I play) and they had no engagement limits and could fire full auto. He still has some scars from when he got lit up from close range from one of them. =P I'm trying to convince him and taking me with him next time he goes. =P

Yes, there are always instances of cheating, but if you believe someone is cheating, just lay into them. BBs are very cheap (I just bought from a local dealer 3000 .2s for $10) so it's not like your wasting money. Some organizations have seen that because people have so many BBs and high capacity magazines (a highcap has around 300 to 600 rounds in it) that you'll see MilSim events that limit how many mags/bbs your bring out to the player field. This causes people to slow down and think before acting which adds in more tactics and better gameplay imo. Recently there's been an introduction to a new mag called the STAR mags. They hold 30rds (like a real gun) and you get 10 of them for around $35-40. This adds for another challange. You also have Standard Mags which carry around 60-80bbs, but cost almost as much as a highcap ($25-30).

Originally posted by Ben
                        I am an avid paintballer and I tried airsoft last week in the woods with an airsoft group. it sucked big time. They were more into the milsim then the actual playing, it was too lame for me. Also, I would spray into a wooded or bushy area and the BB's wouldnt even penetrate and this was like 30 feet away. these were good airsoft guns but I still preferr paintball even with the accuracy issues. At least it sounds loud and the projectile is heavy. Just my opinion.
                        I'm sorry to hear you bad experience. Some groups go extreme with the MilSim and it's not the best way for a newbie to get experienced in the game (unless he really knows what he's getting into). At thirty feet, unless it's heavily dense, you should be able to shoot through with a stock to upgraded AEG or gas gun. I do have instances where a newbie snuck up on my position at about 10 ft away and blasted full auto at me, but I was in an extremely dense area that no BB got through. Thank god because I wasn't personally wanting to get smacked up fullauto from point blank. I eventually got hit and told her afterwards to go semi-auto that close up. =P

As for the sound issue, some people like to be quiet when they shoot so people won't know where they are coming from. ;) There are even upgrades to limit your mechanical sound from your mechbox even! With a hop-up unit, the projectile doesn't need to be that heavy and it still can go a good distance, but just not as far as a paintball usually.

Hope that helped! =)

Comment

Y'all are insane. I got shot with BBs as a kid, and I'm not anxious to relive the experience.

Comment

I have a HK SG1 and i love it the only problem with Airsoft is that they break easily I loved it when i was at military school i had a 500 rd clip and just pwned every one on the field with my machine gun / sniper rifle. Airsofts fun but paint ball is alot bigger and I like airsoft better because it cheaper. If your gonna play play some where like in a field out in the woods so you dont get shot by the p0 p0! have Fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                              This looks like it's up my alley, but when looking for guns I discovered the legislation that requires you to have a gun licence to import the guns, and makes it illegal to buy them within Australia :(

I do believe I've heard that before. It is a shame. I do know of a LARGE league of players that play in great games in the Philliopens, but I'm guessing you don't want to fly/boat out to matches to play and have your gun in another country too. =P Sorry to hear that. =/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X