Occupation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation?

I don't know if this thread has already been created, but I searched for it and found nothing extremely similar.

Simply, what is your occupation, and what was your favorite job?

I an currently unemployed, looking for a hard labor job. My favorite job was working at a lumber yard as the inventory maintainence manager/Mr. Fix it.

what is yours?

Re: Occupation?

Have you seen the movie Men in Black?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Cing's one of the MIB, I'm one of the aliens (AKA a student).
      Last edited by munchkin; 10-26-2005, 07:35 AM.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
      |TG-2nd|munchkin
      Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I work at a non profit technical publishing company called National Fire Protection Association. We have about 80,000 paying members. Our mission is to make the world safer from fire. We publish the National Electrical Code, The Life Safety Code, The National Fire Alarm Code and the Automatic Sprinkler Code, amongst 300 or so other technical standards. We also publish textbooks, reference books, films and educational curriculum. Have you heard of Sparky the Fire dog or Fire Prevention Week?--that's us. Stop, Drop and Roll, Learn not to Burn, Don't Smoke in Bed--Make Love instead--they all came from us. We've been in business since 1896 and originally started as a consortium of insurance companies who wanted to standardize Automatic Sprinkler systems.

My title is Onsite Seminar Program Manager. We provide technical training all around the world for a wide variety of industries. Some of my more interesting clients include NASA, Boeing and Raytheon Polar Services (the people who run Mcmurdo Station in Antarctica) In addition to our usual programs offered in the US, I'm currently working on delivering training to Conoco Phillips in China and Aramco in Saudi Arabia. The men and women who teach in the programs I manage are nationally known and internationally known consultants and experts.

My real title should be sales manager--the most important function I perform is to keep the sales of the seminars I manage going. Therefore I'll offer a shameless plug ;) to any and all who think they may need training at their facility in anything to do with Fire Protection, Electricity or Life Safety. You can contact me at [email protected] or check out www.nfpalearn.org. We are the best in the business at what we do.

Good idea on this thread btw..
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm currently attending school at Tennessee Technology Center at Crump, TN. I'm in Electronics Technologies.

I've gone through DC, AC, Analog, and Digital, and am currently prepping for the A+ certification exam in December.

We just recently wired up a trailer for Jim Kerr from Savanna, TN, with robots ran on PLCs and air pressure. There are 4 of them inside of this big red trailer dancing around to Rocky Top Tennessee playing in the background. It looks pretty cool.

I plan on going on from college to become an entrepeneur running a gaming citadel. 16 consoles on the first floor, 16 PC's on the second floor, and PC repair and custom PC building on the top floor.

I doubt I'll go very far with that idea, but it's just a goal in my life right now.

-Mom
          Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

sounds like many people would fall for that idea, i would. i suggest a game store/gear store on the top floor also. so people can by better mics and new games and joysticks and such.

right now im typing from my high-school and have a paper im supposed to be writing, so so long...........:D.

Comment

You've got a paper you're meant to be writing? Lucky you.
              My annual exams begin tomorrow, and I'm browsing TG forums :/

|TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

im meant to be working on some lovley art pieces, im such a procrastinator :|

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

lol, this really is quite addictive to browse the forums instead of doing your homework. i have midterms sometime late january so im fine now. just a Chinese history paper about filial piety (ugggg...) and aspects of chinese culture.

Comment

I never quite got the hang of the yank school system - when do you guys have your long holidays, and how much of a break do you get over Christmas?

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

im not a yankeey fan!!! red sox rule!!! :D. ya, we get holidays once in a blue moon, like 1 week for thanksgiving, 1 for christmas, 1 for fall break, 1 for spring break. and a cupple other day breaks for other holidays like veterans day. ive just been searching the forums instead of writing my paper this entire time. i cant stop!!

Comment

Currently I work as a bum. Best job in the world, and I don't even pay for my own stuff.

Comment

Heh, me too pretty much. I just need to survive one week of exams, then it's basically naptime till early December, and holidays till February :)

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

I'm an AVP for State Street Global Markets, working in Account Development.

I basically track what our customers are doing, and try to figure out ways of getting more money out of them.

Then the sales team tells me that it can't be done. :row__577:

I'd rather be a chef.

Comment

Hmm, I'm actually meant to post something occupation-related, aren't I. For any kinda future career, my dad wants me to try and become a lawyer. I currently want to join the airforce.

|TG-2nd|munchkin
                              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse