HL2: The Lost Coast is OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2: The Lost Coast is OUT

Great day today! Valve has released the Lost Coast addon to HL2. it is completly free and they suggest that you have at least a 2.2Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, and a DX9 compatible video card, but everyone should be able to play.

here is the complete page: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Current_events

Re: HL2: The Lost Coast is OUT

Originally posted by black death5
    Great day today! Valve has released the Lost Coast addon to HL2. it is completly free and they suggest that you have at least a 2.2Ghz processor, 1GB of RAM, and a DX9 compatible video card, but everyone should be able to play.

here is the complete page: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Current_events
    Yeah, I fail on 2 of those, according to the hardware detection script. I'm downloading it anyway. :row__645:

Comment

Well i have it pre-loaded but I jsut bought anouther great game called F.E.A.R. and im currently playing that but i will get to Lost Coast ASAP! tahnx for the reminder black death.

Comment

this sounds cool.... is it the lost coast chapter from HL2 for CS. or is it just and add on to HL2. either way that sounds awesome. im doin it too.

Comment

Originally posted by =DankO=
          this sounds cool.... is it the lost coast chapter from HL2 for CS. or is it just and add on to HL2. either way that sounds awesome. im doin it too.
          No, this is the add on for HL2. It is the whole lost chapter episode that was missing from the original game.

Comment

I got it, looks awesome. I didn't meet one of the requirements, my CPU is 2.8 not 2.9 OMG!!

Comment

sweet. gonna be lovin this one. my game got deleted so im just now at the coast. good timing... must of been fate

Comment

well, im playing the Lost Coast first before i play HL2 :D. i bought the package for HL2, never played it! all CS:S and thats how i found you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                  well, im playing the Lost Coast first before i play HL2 :D. i bought the package for HL2, never played it! all CS:S and thats how i found you guys.
                  Heh. I'm just getting around to finishing HL2. Some of the greatest firefights ever, punctuated by WTHIT?*

*ymmv.

Comment

Don't get too excited...it is just a playable tech demo basically like Valve has always alluded to. Turn on the commentary and enjoy the visuals.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I've got an AMD64 running XP64Pro. Their system specs look only at raw clock rate, not AMD's equivalent clock rate, so it thinks my CPU is slightly on the gutless side.

I just went up the cliff a little way and so far it's quite pretty. (But I got killed from looking around too much and getting pasted by the Combine. :D)

I'd recommend playing the main game first, then this chapter. The main game is quite engrossing.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis
                        Don't get too excited...it is just a playable tech demo basically like Valve has always alluded to. Turn on the commentary and enjoy the visuals.
                        Yeah, it's VERY short...

The new HDR stuff isn't all that impressive, either...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          Yeah, it's VERY short...

The new HDR stuff isn't all that impressive, either...
                          i dunno why but i had god mode wen i started the game

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                          Delta MICS
                          Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis
                            You guys are mixing up lost coast and HL2: Aftermath. Lost cost is just a short demo featuring HDR.
                            USAR

Comment

Originally posted by slugslinger
                              i dunno why but i had god mode wen i started the game
                              Just responding to say your not the only one...
                              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X