Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here like electronica/drum and bass/abstract music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here like electronica/drum and bass/abstract music?

I'm wondering about whether anyone here at TG enjoys this kind of music for a few different reasons;

1. I'm in a group that makes this kind of music
    2. I enjoy listening to this type of music also
    3. I'd like to share my music to others and get an opinion

If you are interested in hearing some of my music/my groups music, get me on AIM, or give me an email to send some music to.

Oh, and before you even think about it Root, don't say a thing, please. Insult me on AIM if you feel the urge to do so. I'm not one for public humiliation ;).

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
    steve: OMG
    steve: TOO
    root: ****ing hell
    root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Re: Anyone here like electronica/drum and bass/abstract music?

Ya, i enjoy the occasional beat of it. right now Dread Rock by Paul Okenfold poped up on my ipod.

Comment

I declare this as TRUTH! Hallucinogen >>>>> Paul Oakenfold.

But yeah he's sending it to me and I'll post impressions.

And also: I AM one for public humiliation of others!

Comment

I listen to alot of IDM, trance, techno, abstract, etc...check out Epitonic.com or Legaltorrents.com, and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Would you like to hear some of my music Mateo? BlackDeath? Catch me on aim if you are really interested, or if you don't have AIM, just give me an email.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
          steve: OMG
          steve: TOO
          root: ****ing hell
          root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            I listen to alot of IDM, trance, techno, abstract, etc...check out Epitonic.com or Legaltorrents.com, and you will see what I mean.
            I never ever liked IDM. It's not as bad as Noise but it's bordering on it =/

Goa/psytrance is where it's at. And House.

NP: Shpongle - Dorset Perception

Comment

Been listening to a lot of Lemon Jelly recently after seeing them live at the Leeds Festival.

All the ducks are swimming in the water
              Tra-la-la la-la laa
              Tra-la-la la-la laa

Also planning to download some Mylo.
              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I have a HUGE collection of Techno, Drum & Bass, Dance, Trance, Ambient and other Electronica.
                In fact, I mix my own CDs for a group exercise class that I lead at 24Hour Fitness.

Very interesting to see a few of the same posters from the Queensryche thread posting here.... could there be a connection?

For those of you who like music at all, check out
                www.allofmp3.com
                That is, if you like buying brand new albums for about a buck.

P.S. What's IDM?
                "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                - Lazarus Long

Comment

I DJ myself but into more speed garage, hard house, funky house/breaks though. Been trying to get more of an ear for dnb but don't hear a lot I really enjoy though I do come across the occasional set I can get into. If any of you are into speed garage, you can go to the website in my profile and download my most current mix from there.

Comment

Best quote from Epitonic.com (which I have been browsing and dling a few select songs) is this:

"Migs recently did a remix for Britney Spears but the less said about that the better."
                    LOL

Too bad about the 128kb/s sample rate on the mp3's. I'd prefer 192... Yes, it's free, but at allofmp3, you can get whatever format you want at whatever obscene quality level you want for ... next to free.
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

http://www.purevolume.com/thenegative
                      You should get yourself one of these ^. Thats mine right there, crap bandwith but its free for three songs.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                        Insult me on AIM if you feel the urge to do so. I'm not one for public humiliation ;).
                        Have you seen your avatar? :icon_lol:

I'm perfectly entitled to think that electronic noise a load of emotionless crap, and just for picking on me, I've stated my opinion here. :)

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ah but by that logic, Nine Inch Nails *points to sig*, Pink Floyd, and even Foo Fighters are all noise.

In practice, however, Merzbow is noise. He is to noise what Metallica are (or rather, were) to metal, or what (perhaps) the Beatles were to rock. IE, the most mainstream band of their genre. If you've heard of it, you've heard of that band.

Actual noise is just that. IDM and Industrial sample noise to create fluid beats, all electronica utilizes at least some form of musical pattern. Noise doesn't.

Comment

Let me hear your Jams dude!

Comment

I listen to much of Paul Oakenfold's stuff. I have about 8 hours of Oakenfold music on my ipod.
                              XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X