America's Army: Rise of a Soldier is [i]Insane[/i]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army: Rise of a Soldier is [i]Insane[/i]

Anyone who has played AA on the PC will remember the training missions which were, temporarily, the bane of their lives. Well, get ready for a new generation of video game insanity.

From a Gamespy preview:
    "To be considered an "expert sniper," your qualifying mission is a 48-hour term waiting for one specific target. Developers told me they're literally going to require you to sit for 48 hours and wait for your mark -- which will come at a randomly set time."

My plan is to fill up a Camelbak with a combination of beer (for happiness), caffeine pills (for the kick) and Red Bull (for the flavour of seedy chemicals) and live on that for those 48 hours. Then I will pass out.

What about you guys?

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Re: America's Army: Rise of a Soldier is Insane

:icon_eek: ...and are you going to wear a diaper?

I can't wait to see you on the local news when the firemen have to cut you out of your lazyboy chair!! :D :D :D

I can't see anybody having 48 Hrs to just sit there and wait. I would have to sign the divorce papers while intently watching the screen.

Expert sniper should be a difficult insert/locate target/neutralize target/extract (all without ever being detected). That is probably a more reasonable task to put upon a person who is playing a video game from home and it sure makes it more interesting for the player...

BTW- Can you post a link to where you got that info?

Comment

Nevermind...found the link.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2.../647675p1.html

They are absolutely insane if they actually implement this...

Comment

And this is for a console, no less.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I really hope that was taken out of context by Gamespy because that's just .... well dumb. Especially with the skewed media that video games get these days, do publishers really want to give these outlets more fuel for their crusade. I can't see anything good coming out of making someone sit in front of their tv for up to two days so they can be called an expert sniper in a video game.

Comment

Maybe all that Red Bull miiight be a bit bad for me - a mate drunk 4 cans, and then went for training for rowing, and collapse halfway through.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
            |TG-2nd|munchkin
            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

The single player aspect sounds pretty cool though. I hate to admit it but the incetives to go buy a console are stronger all the time.

By the way, I thought this pop-up ad was a funny coincidence:

New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...