The Hidden: Source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hidden: Source

I wont go into great detail in explaining this awesome game because I feel that it is best experienced through utter confusion as to what is going on.

Well, that was my experience anyway.

The Hidden: Source is a free to download MOD now in Beta2 stage for the Half Life 2 Engine that pulls off of B horror movies to give you some solid fun for a good time. The game pits the entire server of Infinitum Research Intercept Squad () members, usually about 10-13 people, against 1 other person. How does this one person survive you may ask? He is invisible, he is The Hidden or Subject 617. Capable of optic camouflage, 617 is invisible, completely insane and can jump off walls as easy as he can hang on them.

IRIS: Armed with either a shotgun/pistol setup or smg/pistol setup, work together to eliminate the invisible menace before you're the last one alive.

617: Armed with nothing more than 1 knife and 3 pipebombs, stalk, select and strike one helpless IRIS at a time. Make random noises, feed off of the dead bodies you kill, and stick the bodies to the roofs so they dangle for their comrades to take note of. If they start camping together, nade em. But remember, while you may be close to invisible, you can still be seen as a shimmer in the air. Discretion is advised.

No information is ever given when someone dies, unless he is killed by something other than the Hidden. It is very suspenseful and entertaining, even more so with people you know.

www.hidden-source.com

Hope to play with some of you soon. Though I must make the note...
    IF YOU CAN'T PUT HL2 SHADERS ON HIGH, YOU CAN'T SEE THE HIDDEN NO MATTER WHAT.

It's a bummer of a technical problem I know, but the whole effect is central to the game.

If you're looking for TG people to play with though, come to the Half Life Engine Channel in Teamspeak, it is usually deserted.
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: The Hidden: Source

I've played it, amazing fun mod. I need to delete and reinstall it though...

Comment

The blasted download links aren't working for me. :(

Comment

Not working for me either, definitely want to try this out.

Comment

Go to mod-db.com. They have the download.

Comment

That place doesn't seem to exist either :(

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
              That place doesn't seem to exist either :(
              That's 'cause I got the link wrong.

http://moddb.com/

Comment

i tryed it b4 its a good mod. the hidden uses pipe bombs and stufff

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                Delta MICS
                Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Sounds pretty cool. I'll check it out. Do you really feed on victims? Does this give you health or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline
                    Sounds pretty cool. I'll check it out. Do you really feed on victims? Does this give you health or something?
                    Yes, but the noise may give you away :)
                    -Zephyr
                    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                    We are not a single game.
                    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

wwats really cool is the use of physics. like wen the hidden walks and bumps in to sum boxes.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                      Delta MICS
                      Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

I downloaded it today and gave it a shot for about 15 minutes. Only could get one map to work, all the other servers I tried to join it wouldn't load any maps. The ones I did play were pretty cool though. VOIP servers kinda ruin the suspense though, at least the one I was on. I got a lot to learn when playing as "the hidden". I couldn't do much when it was my turn at it. Cool mod though!

Comment

Lol I have only ever played as The Hidden once. And I did not kill a single person.

Comment

Hooray for the map loading to a black/red/grey screen. *sobs*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X