Halloween

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

Is not a good holiday. First off i live in sweden, and up until a few years ago kids dressing up and walking door to door asking for candy was rare. Usually this was a quiet holiday.

Now however, some dumbass parents have imported this and has no problem sending their kids out asking for candy, or trick or treating. First, I dont have any candy, second if i did have candy i wouldnt give it away to some random stranger. Get your own farking candy.

Secondly if i am stupid enough to open the door after the kids have been ringing for far to long and say i dont have any candy, sorry, they wrap stuff up in toilet paper or whatever. Look at me, i'm adorable and dressed up, give me candy. becuase really who gives a **** what its about, i just want candy damnit.

If i find a parent that lets their kids do this knowingly, i'd probably punch them.

ffs, i want some peace and goddamn quiet. Buy your kids candy and keep away from my lawn/apartment/hemisphere.

And sure, i probably sound like an *******, but i just dont get it. Just like i dont get christmas decorations 2 months before christmas. When december hits, then you put up the glittery stuff.

It wouldnt be so bad if they just accepted that i dont have anything and i dont celebrate this holiday like they do. And the kids that do so, well they are ok. I guess.

I dont celebrate this holiday at all really.

In conclusion people are frustrating and need to leave me alone. GRRR
    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Re: Halloween

Or to put it another way...

"Bah, humbug."

:) That's fine...if you don't want to be bothered, then I agree you shouldn't be punished for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage
      Or to put it another way...

"Bah, humbug."

:) That's fine...if you don't want to be bothered, then I agree you shouldn't be punished for it.

LOL my thoughts exactly. "bah humbug!"

- -

Comment

Christmas is fine. Halloween is a sad excuse to get fat. I mean even IM not that desperate for candy!

As for decorations like approximatly years in advance... you sound like the kind of guy that gets a nailbat and starts hitting the plastic reindeer on your neighbor's porch if they put it up a month in advance. Nice to have some allys in this fight! :P

and BTW Sweden owns. Thanks for Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Dissection, Dismember, Hypocrisy and the rest.

Comment

Over here, kids only go up to houses that have their porch lights on. No light = no candy.. Is that not how things work in Sweden? Living in an apartment now, I don't get any visitors - I guess the kids all go to the normal neighborhoods. The last apartment I lived in would pass out signs a few days before, and if you wanted kids knocking on your door you'd put the sign out. No sign = no candy.

When I was a kid, I remember going to houses that had their lights on, but the owners were out so they just left a bowl of candy on the doormat with a sign that said to take one or two. I guess kids around me were honest, because there was usually candy left for me. Halloween was always a fun time for me as a kid :)

Christmas decorations.. ugh. A department store here was getting stuff out around the first of September. We usually put stuff up Thanksgiving weekend (last weekend of November usually) and take it down on New Year's day.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed