Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Im new, I met a few of you tonight on Natural Selection, like Zib and Wyzcrak

Im 16, I live in North Dakota, I like steam games. Yaddy ya.. Ask me if you want to know anything.

Re: Hello

welcome to TG :)
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Well, I must say, it certainly was a pleasure having you on the server this evening. Welcome to Tactical Gamer. :)
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Enjoy your stay!

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
          Enjoy your stay!
          Just don't go into the backroom. Whatever you do, do not enter the backroom.

On a more pleasant note, welcome. :) It's great to see more people hop aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            Just don't go into the backroom. Whatever you do, do not enter the backroom.
            Whatre you talkin about I work there

Comment

Thanks everyone. Hey Wyzcrak (or anyone who can answer this) I left because when I was in the game with you building the things. The game dropped me and went back to the loading screen and said it was downloading something. I got back in, but I could'nt go to the waiting room and go into a race. And when everyone was talking over the mic all I could hear was screeching sounds. Like I couldn't hear anyone speaking english. Is it because I dont have one of those memberships?

Comment

Gray, you were likely bumped from the server due to reserved slots. You can learn more about it as you play here, but the server accomodates different types of players with different types of reserved slots. As you're brand new here, you have no reserved slot whatsoever, so, when someone who DOES have a reserved slot goes to join the server, you're at a pretty high risk of being bumped to make room.

On the NS server, players don't get "kicked" when they're bumped for a reserved slot. Instead, they're redirected to HLTV. You can read more about HLTV here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56599

The reason you couldn't join a team when you "came back" is because you didn't actually rejoin the server. The "downloading" wasn't a download at all. It was your Half-Live client connecting you to the HLTV Proxy. Once you're connected to HLTV, all you can do is OBSERVE; you cannot act at all. You can't even join a team (you're not in the game, or even on the server). All you can do is watch the game. To reconnect to the server from HLTV, you can type 'joingame' in your console. If there's a slot, you're in. If there's not, or if you're again bumped later, you return to HLTV.

The screaching you heard is a problem that can be remedied by reading the second post in the above thread and following the instructions. I'm surprised it happened to you after you were bumped for reserved slots, though, as I've never heard of it happening to someone who has just left the server. I've only heard of it happening to people who connect directly to HLTV without first being on the server (and hearing others speak on voicecomm).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Also, Gray, be sure to read all of the rules and announcements in the NS forum:

http://tacticalgamer.com/ns

And be sure to include this thread in your reading, as it explains how to register you SteamID in your forum profile:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56217

Comment

Alright. Thanks. I might try to come and play again later. Thanks for letting me know :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X