Hello! new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! new member

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and how much I appreciate being able to get involved with some mature gamers. I try to access your servers because you have the best "squad" based gaming and it makes the time spent much more enjoyable.

I have two questions. Can I or should I put [TG] in front of my name (leadinyourhead......lead for short)

Should I use the teamspeak channel or use the com on battlefield?

Battlefield is really the only FPS that I play. All my other games are RTS such as Rome total war and Blitzkrieg2, with a little Empire Earth thrown in.

Thanks again and I look forward to some good gaming with TG members.

leadinyourhead
    "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Re: Hello! new member

welcome, Lead!

to answer your questions, YES you can put TG in front of your name, but i recommend you not take it lightly when doing so. putting the TG in your name means you abide by our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and are a representative of our community and rules. there's a lot to read in the SOPS and Announcement that are critical for the new, the veteran, and the downright elderly members of TG. if you're new, leave the TG tag off for now, because you'll be cut some slack. once you wear the tag, it's assumed you understand and acknowledge just about everything there is to know about our operations, and if you break a rule, you might be reprimanded.

during the games, we use VOIP almost exclusively on the ground, and use a combination of Teamspeak and VOIP to communicate between air-to-air units and surface-to-air units.

hope that helps!

Comment

What Cordion said.

Also, you may want TS in the cases where you know and understand the rules, and might need to inform an admin of someone running rough shod over them.

Comment

What Mateo and Cordion said, Welcome Lead to the greatest community around.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          What Cordion said.

Also, you may want TS in the cases where you know and understand the rules, and might need to inform an admin of someone running rough shod over them.
          TeamSpeak is also good for when you want to taunt an enemy sniper after you've knifed him in the back. Right, Mateo? ;)

Check out this thread for a discussion on wearing the |TG| tag in-game. Also check this thread for a Gentlemen's Contract that many have agreed upon and use to set standards of play for ourselves above and beyond the normal rules.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            TeamSpeak is also good for when you want to taunt an enemy sniper after you've knifed him in the back. Right, Mateo? ;)
            I wouldn't know anything about that. :row__587:

Comment

Holy crap, Jacksonville? I'm like a 40 minute drive away off 95.

Assuming we're thinking of the same Jacksonville.

This place needs more Floridians =/

Comment

I used to live in Jacksonville....

North Carolina...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. Ive read the documents and have decided to take the step and add TG to my name. I have no problem following the rules of engagment as this is what I have been looking for to make the gameplay much more realistic. As we all have only so much time to play, I like to spend that time trying to accomplish something as a team. Ill be on tonight and look forward to meeting some of you.

Good Gaming

Lead
                  "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                    This place needs more Floridians =/
                    Agreed. At least until i move to Chicago :row__584:

---

Comment

Hey guys. Just an update. Ive really enjoyed my time on the server. The teamwork is great and makes the game much more enjoyable. Ive been practicing using choppers and that has added another dimension to the game. Its great to take a squad and use them for "fast attack" and take flags quickly on the bigger maps. Sometimes the air power (the planes) can be slightly disruptive, but its all fun.

Thanks agian and I look forward to seeing you guys online.

Lead

Comment

Hey!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse