Major Site Upgrade - Tonight 1730 EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Site Upgrade - Tonight 1730 EDT

Starting tonight around 1730 EDT, Tactical Gamer will begin a major site upgrade. At this time the Tactical Gamer web site will be taken off-line. We will begin with a full database and site backup and then start with the upgrade and rollout of our new web site. The upgrade is expected to take between 3-5 hours to complete before the site comes back on-line.

After we have brought the site back on-line, there will be numerous tweaks and fixes that will need to be done throughout the rest of the evening and tomorrow. Additional changes and fixes will be made over the weekend.

Initially there will be a few areas of the site that will remain completely off-line, they include the TG Arcade, Downloads Area, and user galleries. These areas of the site may not be fully functional again until the end of the week.

This upgrade will not affect any e-mail functionality or the webmail interface, nor will it affect TeamSpeak or any of our game servers. There might be a need to reboot the entire server, which will take down functionality to those areas for a few minutes, but this interruption is not anticipated at this time.

Our new site will provide additional functionality that many users have been looking for as well as the capability to rapidly add new features in the future.

I would like to extend great thanks to Bommando who developed some backwards-compatible code that was critical in our ability to take this step forward. Without his efforts this undertaking would not have been possible.

Thank you all for your patience during this upgrade.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Major Site Upgrade - Tonight 1730 EDT

Good luck! This is exciting!

guys.... BACKUP YOUR AVATARS.... wink wink.. nudge nudge....
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

We're going to have embedded Skype functionality in the new site. That will be neat.

Comment

embedded skype? link, please?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Can not wait to see what is in store, good luck.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I found this in a search http://skype.com/products/skype/windows/?autoload=true If this is the right thing then that is just awesome. See you on the other side. :icon_wink

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              embedded skype? link, please?
              Gee, Wyz, aren't you the one who is always touting the power of Google?!? :madsmile:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
                I found this in a search http://skype.com/products/skype/windows/?autoload=true If this is the right thing then that is just awesome. See you on the other side. :icon_wink
                The Skype functionality will allow you to "call" another user provided they have a Skype account and are running the Skype app. If you need to get ahold of someone in a hurry and they're not on TeamSpeak, it's a good way to do it.

It's a pretty slick app. I don't use it too much, but with the integration into the new site, I may just start leaving it running!

Comment

are you kidding....thats going to be so awesome...now is tehre going to be an extra feild in our profile so we can put our skype username...

and will the arcade scores be reset...i mean can they be reset....
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                    Gee, Wyz, aren't you the one who is always touting the power of Google?!? :madsmile:
                    Well, I searched for "embedded Skype," but all I got was talk of embedding it in mobile devices. :(

Comment

Will TacticalWiki stay up so we can send people there to download the Tactical Mod for tonight's play test? Looks like it is hosted on members.tacticalgamer.com -- will that be down? Here's the file on my website if it needs a temporary mirror.
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

It will only affect the TG site itself.. Other sites will remain unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                          It's a pretty slick app. I don't use it too much, but with the integration into the new site, I may just start leaving it running!

can you imagine....prank caling apo in the middle of the night.....wasnt me....

and i think it will be cool cuase im sure some of u can use it at work....
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

embedded skype does sound very promising. now when I need help from Wyz on my VB .NET program I can just call him :P

Comment

I have only just begun getting things on line. The bulk of the work done earlier this evening was cleaning up the database, importing it into the new system, and getting the content management system online.

Now begins the task of debugging and normalizing the templates so everything looks and works properly. It will be some time before everything is fixed, so please hang tight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X