Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rememberance Sunday - ribbon & virtual silence

Hi guys...

Just popped across from dMw to post this memorial mini-ribbon that I have done to mark Rememberance Sunday - I call it 'Falling Poppies':

As you know, this Sunday veterans will be gathering all over to remember the fallen from all past and current conflicts. They will be doing this by holding a minutes silence at 11am on Sunday (GMT).

For my part I will actually joining in this - and (and you may think this is mad) I will be going on a server at 11am and just holding a 'virtual' minutes silence on my own...(Or with anyone else who would like to).

Be nice for us to remember veterans and those that have given their lives for our peace and security by actually not shooting at each other in BF2 - just for the minutes silence.

Hope you will feel like joining in (and if you do - it would be nice if you took a screen shot of your squad, team or who ever turns up and post it on this thread).

Best wishes -

-=[dMw]=-Ranger
    |TG-Irr|Big-Ranger: BIG again, but still not clever!
    | |

Re: Rememberance Sunday - ribbon & virtual silence

Originally posted by BIG-Ranger
    Hi guys...

Just popped across from dMw to post this memorial mini-ribbon that I have done to mark Rememberance Sunday - I call it 'Falling Poppies':

As you know, this Sunday veterans will be gathering all over to remember the fallen from all past and current conflicts. They will be doing this by holding a minutes silence at 11am on Sunday (GMT).

For my part I will actually joining in this - and (and you may think this is mad) I will be going on a server at 11am and just holding a 'virtual' minutes silence on my own...(Or with anyone else who would like to).

Be nice for us to remember veterans and those that have given their lives for our peace and security by actually not shooting at each other in BF2 - just for the minutes silence.

Hope you will feel like joining in (and if you do - it would be nice if you took a screen shot of your squad, team or who ever turns up and post it on this thread).

Best wishes -

-=[dMw]=-Ranger
    Big props, I'll try and be there.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

:)

Comment

Thanks BIG ranger. I will pop that in my sig if that is OK with you.
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

On behalf of myself and my family, Thank You Veterans for the sacrifices both you and your families have given to this great country. I salute each and evey one of you. Stand proud and remember your fellow comrade in arms.

H. M. Ortiz, U.S.A.F., Retired

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
            Thanks BIG ranger. I will pop that in my sig if that is OK with you.

More than happy for you to use it. Many thanks.
            | |

Comment

Let's not forget that Rememberance Day is not only to remember fthe fallen of past wars...

We (USA & UK) have thousands of service people in Iraq at this very moment who are risking their lives as I type...

Every week there are casulties and fatalities among these people, many of whom we do not hear of on the media.

So for them - who are doing thier duty, whatever your political stance, today is a chance to salute and recognize their sacrifices.
              | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X