Teamspeak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak?

Why doesn't everyone get teamspeak, it is free, and the best way to comm. Can anyone name me downsides?

GET TEAMSPEAK!!!

Re: Teamspeak?

I have it and use it all the time when I am on my computer to do my admin duties at an online gaming tournament. And when I know other CSS players are going to be on TS I get on when I am playing.

Comment

I <3 TS. The voice quality is so much better than even BF2, and it completely blows CSS out of the water. I do wish more people would use it.
      On the bad side, some people get alot of lag when using TS and overlay doesen't always work right.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Steel_Penguin
        I <3 TS. The voice quality is so much better than even BF2, and it completely blows CSS out of the water. I do wish more people would use it.
        On the bad side, some people get alot of lag when using TS and overlay doesen't always work right.

PLUS....... TS completely doesn't work with VOIP for me. NO CLUE why..... Just hasn't since I got the game. It's like it can't handle the fact that my mic can work for two apps at the same time. It's a real bummer. So that's why I don't, anyway.
        I heart TG.
        xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

That's very odd. So it works for one or the other, but not both?

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
          "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
          - Wulfyn

Comment

I think TS is great, but for some reason I keep getting moved to an AA channel, and my PCS channel binds don't work. The other problem I get is that if I use TS, I can't use my mic with the in-game voice comms for CS:S
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The problem with using Teamspeak for in game communication is that not everyone will have it, so half the team will hear and the other half will not.

It could be made a policy/rule to use TS on a given server instead of the codec provided by the game engine, but then those who have compatibility issues would be screwed over.

BF2 has an excellent comm system built into the game. HL1 has the option of the speex codec. But Source based games could benefit from TS, yet again you are causing the few who cant use TS to be out of the loop.

I donít see TS being useful for regular public play, but has a niche in arranged matches and administration.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo
                PLUS....... TS completely doesn't work with VOIP for me. NO CLUE why..... Just hasn't since I got the game. It's like it can't handle the fact that my mic can work for two apps at the same time. It's a real bummer. So that's why I don't, anyway.

have you tried to uninstall TS then installing it back in....try that...we wanna be able to hear both you ladies in TS.....or even we could use skype....all the 2nd..that might be cool
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

There's no built-in regulation about who is audible and who isn't. The dead can talk and those alive can hear them. This 1) negates plan discussion when dead, via voicecomm 2) dead can 'cheat' and relay information 3) there are no sentence cut-offs, ie getting killed while talking.

That's my only beef with it though.

Comment

actually there is a TG rule saying the dead are dead and cant talk so if this is going on get ahold of an admin and he will figure it out
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I had an issue with the Realtek audio on my P4 mobo not allowing sharing of the mic between BF2 and TS. But on my AMD64 DFI mobo it works fine. Others with Realtek report the same issue. I'm betting on a driver bug, where the driver fails to copy the data to all the clients. I suspect they didn't implement multi-client support.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                        actually there is a TG rule saying the dead are dead and cant talk so if this is going on get ahold of an admin and he will figure it out
                        Yeah, I did this the other night on ts on AA, and was politely told by Turbo that we're not supposed to give intel when dead. So I promptly apologized and didn't do it again.

The thing with bf2 is that ts still continues to conflict with the bf2 in-game voip on my pc. I do use an Audigy 2 ZS, so there shouldn't be a problem there. I've even switched from direct sound to wave, and vice versa, like they tell you on the ts forums, and still no go. Oh, well. It would be nice to be able to contact an admin in bf2, or hear all the fun going on in the background.
                        |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
                        [at][tg-c1]

Comment

I too dislike that it is not well integrated into the games. Like CS:S. Even though people here will not give intel after you are dead, your reflex to stop talking is no where near as fast as Source's cutoff. You will get out that last crucial "rush...." or "bomb..." or what have you where quick shooting would cut you off in source. I trust people to not abuse it intentionally.

I totally use it in other games, like NeverwinterNights multiplayer and such. TS does rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Addict
                            I too dislike that it is not well integrated into the games. Like CS:S. Even though people here will not give intel after you are dead, your reflex to stop talking is no where near as fast as Source's cutoff. You will get out that last crucial "rush...." or "bomb..." or what have you where quick shooting would cut you off in source. I trust people to not abuse it intentionally.
                            That's my point. I realize there's a rule, but nobody is perfect.

"Bomb is at-" *die* CS:S cuts off voicecomm. Does TS? No. People over TS hear:
                            "Bomb is at A! Four enemies!"

Even trying to stop yourself it's rather difficult. I didn't mean to imply people would be relaying information throughout the map, though it -is- a possibility.

Comment

Be aware that in my long experiences as being a cheap-***, I found that onboard sound has got to be the worst, most dynsfunctional, inconsistent, strange, perhaps even a new form of artificially intellegent technology.

At least spend 40$ or whatever for a proper sound card and in the future, never even consider getting onboard sound or video on the mobo, save yourself the $$.

Also, sometimes TS has multiple settings for input devices. Maybe try DirectX vs (sound card).

Unfortunately though, TS seems to be the most sensitive to owners that don't have a proper sound device. Ventrillo seems to be more accepting. And I've never tried Skype. (Why are we using TS as opposed to Ventrillo anyway?)

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X