Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on game-related material in one year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on game-related material in one year?

How much do you spend on game-related material in one year? (Includes video games, card games, board games, RPG games, etc).
    $0 - $100
    14.86%
    $101 - $250
    29.73%
    $251 - $400
    15.54%
    $401 - $650
    11.49%
    $651 - $800
    6.08%
    $800+
    22.30%
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: How much do you spend on game-related material in one year?

I keep my receipts and I average just under 2000 a year in parts, computer upgrades, and games...

Realize that I write for SimHQ, along with a couple of guess articles on other sites... I buy almost every type of computer game, especially land and armor based games to play then write about them, and there are quite a few that I play for only a few days then done... like the recent releases of GUN, The Movies, and Call of Duty 2.

(I currently have about 80 games in my closet, I'd say 20 plus are from this year... I use to "trade in" at EB, but they just recently stopped doing that for PC games.)

and those don't count games for my X-box (which is only about 6 a year), and my PSP, only about 6 of those also. lol

and next year, February, I should be getting the Xbox 360 (600 bucks package), along with about 8 games planned, lol.

Whats funny, and a better question... how much do you play a week...all those games I really only get about 10 hrs of gameplay a week... of course thats because I work nights, and only sleep 2 to 4 hrs a day, lol...really. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I was easily in the $800+ range as well. I buy almost all of the new games when they come out so TG can be prepped if we need to run a server. And I generally have to update my hardware to stay in pace with the new game releases. Much like you, Magnum, I have between 80-100 games sitting on my shelf and a variety of PS2 games.

I've also got an N64 and Dreamcast laying around as well.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

you got any games you wanna get rid of apo....or is that your christmas present to the new little one...own PC and games.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I just order a new video card few day ago for about 699.99 is BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC / 512MB GDDR3 / PCI Express.

-More Detailed Link Is Below-

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...191&CatId=1826
          [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
          5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
          [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

Wow, i feel pathetic pushing that $800+ button. Hmm what have I bought this year? I bought a Saitek x52, $130, burnout 4 plus other games for xbox $300, a new computer $1300, G5 Laser Mouse $80, Zboard $50, and 2 new LCD's ($800) to top it off. Lol thats $2660 in total. And in 4 days and 4 hours, i will be dropping $530 on a Xbox 360, and $3499 on a sony HDR-FX1. I feel oh so pathetic. So around $7000 this year, yes this is a very expensive year.

Comment

and why did you make it so we cant see who the money makers are....
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I run the $800 range as well, although I usually buy it, try it, and try to recoup what I can via half.com or craig's list.

That leaves 5 or 6 core games that I still have. :icon14:

Comment

Well, I had to do the $800 + thing. I buy games all the time. Brand New games. If theres a collectors Edition available, I buy that.

Such a sucker for the extra trinkets.

The only reason I wanted the EverQuest2 Collectors Edition was the collectors coin inside. And I don't even collect coins. I don't even play the game. But the coin is still on my desk.

I got the City of Villains collectors Edition, not for the 10 trading cards inside, not for the 7 little plastic people that apparently are for some kind of board game. Not for the Art book. But because it was the collectors edition. Oh and I can wear this helmet that only people who bought the CE can wear. However I don't wear it.

I was angry when I found out that there would not be a Collectors Edition of Black and White 2 released in the US. Only in Europe. That Angered me.

One CE I am really glad I purchased though, World of Warcraft. I <3 my Mini Diablo
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

251- 400 is about right i upgrade once every year or 2. i only buy a few games maybe 2 or 3. this year is different cuz there was so many good releases.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                    Delta MICS
                    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Since I found TG my game spending has gone through the roof. I want to try everygame that is offered here. I am well over $800+ if I consider the console games too. :icon_eek:

Comment

My vote was really for just this years spending.

$300 on new monitor
                        $200 on new video card
                        $100 on new keyboard/mouse
                        $50 on new harddrive
                        $250 + on games and other random things

I wish I had the money to spend $800 plus every year.

Comment

$2000 laptop,
                          $8.95/ mo SM here
                          and i have prolly bought about 3 linksys routers this year because they keep breaking.

Comment

Wow, you guys have the bucks, I guess!

Let's see, major computer upgrade every 3 years or so: $900

Two or three games a year: $150

Monthly payments to TacticalGamer: $100

Dang, that's $550! I had never really added it up before... That's more than I thought it would be.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I just bought my self a new comptuer this year...so this year I'm at around $3200 canadian currency. Once my comp is payed off (I love my companies Employee purchase program) I will probably put another $1200 into the machine a year in games and hardware.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X