Does anybody here collect 40K?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody here collect 40K?

wondering if anybody here collects and sort of 40k or warhammer.

Re: Does anybody here collect 40K?

yup

Comment

cool what do you collect?

Comment

Space Wolves 8,000
        Tau 2,000
        Shadow Dragons 1,500
        Imperial Guard (light infantry) 2,000

also got an old High elf army kicking about (3000ish).

Shad's are my favourite really, a bunch of mates made up our own chapter. 10 of us were involved, and we took a company each to Badab War back in March. Was cool to see the chapter (well 1500pts of each company) deployed out! I'll have to dig some pics up...

You?

Comment

Cool yea ive really just started collecting 40k really, as i used to collect LOTR but it wasnt as good as 40k (mainly cause you dont get tanks). So i now collect Chaos space marines im starting a Night lords army

Comment

Good position to be placed for 40k, is Derbyshire. How far are you from GWHQ?

The 'veterans' (ie 16+) night is every Thursday, and they get quite a good mix of people go down. They are also top class lads. Otherwise if you're looking for a club check out http://www.gcnm.org.uk (remember the .uk or you'll get greyhound racing). The GCN are an organisation that are trying to promote and help clubs out.

Comment

Cool i'll take a look. I live in Ilkeston so its pretty much bang in between Nottingham and Derby so i can either go to the HQ or GW in notts cause i can get there quicker.

Comment

I'd definitely recommend HQ, especially the aforementioned Thursday evenings.

If you liked I could give the guys there a shout that you are coming down one time so they were expecting you? Usual plan of action for them is to arrive 6.30-7, have a snack from the bar, and then game from 7.30ish to 10ish when it closes. After that it's the White Hart of Lenton for an hour!

I loved the time I spent there, and they will definitely help you out more than the shop.

++edit
                forgot to mention - check out their website:

http://www.1stcompanyveterans.net

Comment

you UK boys aint the only 40k players out there!!!!!

2000 pts o ultramarines
                  1500 pts o tau
                  3000 pts o cadian mech infantry w/valk air support

and im just getting into fantasy but havent decided which army to get yet as i havent played any but tomb kings (kinda leaning towards ogre kindoms)

ive been playing since shortly after 3rd ed came out and man do i LOVE the background theyve created for that world
                  just finished the eisenhorn trilogy not too long ago

Comment

I played GW games heavily back in '95/'96 while living in Ireland. I had a few Necromuda gangs going, along with a 2500 pt. Dwarf army and a 1500 pt. Skaven skirmish group ;) for WH.

While I liked playing the games, I was really into the hobby for painting. If I had the time, I would still be painting...
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I stopped collecting tyranids after 2nd edition. But I never stopped playing tabletops and painting. Currently I am into Epic: Armageddon (Blood Angels and Orks) and DBM. And some other tts I seldomly get to play.

[defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X