360 Vs Pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Vs Pc

Ok In this all i want is comments relating to the 2, Xbox 360 and PC.
    Please nothing about any other system.

(I have currently a ATI 9600, 2.2 AMD 3200, and 1gb ram)

What is better to get a computer upgrade where i will get a Geforce 6800 (not the GT), a DVD Burner, a new case, and new power supply. OR
    The xbox 360.
    Both come to 399 (give or take 20 bucks)

I have heard rumors and talk of the 360 games running and looking better on PC.
    Would a plain 6800 GPU be able to handle the game s better then the 360?
    EX Quake 4
    Call Of Duty

suggestions please?
    O and the computer upgrade I said is my only computer upgrade option I am going for.

Re: 360 Vs Pc

Good luck finding a 360 in a retail store if that's what you decide to get. I think it depends on what you want to play. I'm pretty shure that unless you have a hi-def set games look better on the PC. I guess i'd go for the PC upgrade because none of the launch or upcoming titles for the 360 interest me.

BTW. Don't get the regular 6800. The performance difference from the 6600GT comes out to almost nothing. Go for either the 6600GT of the 6800GT. Or you might want to look into ATI cards but i know almost nothng about them. I'm an nVidia guy.

---

Comment

I have heard that the games on the PC are better developed for the PC like many of the FPS games. The XBOX 360 has no good launch titles and if you do not have HDTV its really not worth the money. Plus the XBOX 360 games you have to pay $60 a pop, ouch!
      XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
        Would a plain 6800 GPU be able to handle the game s better then the 360?
        I think I remember reading on anandtech that the xbox360 GPU will be comparable to the 7800 series so it should be more powerful than the 6800 series.

Comment

Well, faced with those choices, I'd go for the computer upgrade, because I know I'd want it anyways if I got an Xbox ;) Nothing to do with the games, I just know that I'd see the computer sitting there feeling all lonely and neglected, so I'd have to give it some attention too!
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

ok let me replace what GPU I said I was getting with the 6600GT

Comment

I'm happy with my 360. And it has good launch titles. Just because not all 19 of them are amazing doesn't mean none of them are.

But if I were you, I'd go with the PC upgrade. Wait for the 360 to become.. avaliable. And wait for a couple more gems. By the time it's easy to find one there will have been a price drop. Eventually you need to have both though.

Comment

Over at the hardware forum I visit, this topic has been beat to death.

Heres a link to one of the threads, it should help you out: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=982510

Id definately pick the comp upgrade, I just never got into consoles

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X