TG Player MAP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Player MAP!!

I was looking around on the forums and I found THIS, it is a map of some of the people that are members of TG. I would advise everyone to try and post your location, it is easy, and quick.
    I searched the forums for a topic like this, but to no avail I recieved 0 results. Hurry up people show us where your town is!!!

Re: TG Player MAP!!

BTW, if you zoom in on the satllite image of my town it just so happens to point to the street of my old workplace. Dufrene's Building Materials!!!

Comment

What an idea! If only we had that, but integrated into the forums and made by Wyzcrak!

Pay no attention to the map behind the curtain.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

awsome, i feel so far far away :(

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          What an idea! If only we had that, but integrated into the forums and made by Wyzcrak!

Pay no attention to the map behind the curtain.
          Is this currently existing?

Comment

Let's stick this for a bit...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm so alone in WA. I've got like one bud listed, and he's hours away. :(

EDIT: Yay for more Olympians.

Comment

Wow, i didn't know Tempus lived in Miami. I'm only an hour or so southwards in Homestead :).

---

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                  lol -- I laughed when I read that.
                  Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                  Is this currently existing?
                  A few months back, I built what some have deemed a very nice page with a Google map which displays dogtags on the map for everyone in the community. It's driven by each user's "Location" attribute in his forum profile.

It is imperfect and unfinished: http://digitalcreations.cc/tgmap -- I haven't touched it in some time.

As I recall, each unique location ("Little Rock", "82910", "Atlanta, GA", etc) is denoted by one dogtag. You can click on the dogtag to see all of the usernames (atm, user IDs -- "imperfect and unfinished") in that location.

It was really interesting for me to look at this when the big hurricanes hit the Gulf recently. At a moment's notice, I could identify the members affected. I went out of my way to keep the locations approximate (for privacy reasons), but they're usually pretty damn close to where you're sitting. :)

If it's ever finished, you'll be able to click on each username (right now they're userids, but that's due to the unfinished nature of the project) and view the member's forum profile, too. I have many ideas for "neato" factor.

You can search the map, filtering by any piece of information that appears in the popups above each dogtag. This lets you filter by location (city,zip, or state, for example) or by username (partial or exact match -- again, userids are used for now).

Search with no filter to view all dogtags across the country.

The "Road Trip" thing is designed to let you "visit," at the speed you specify, each location. It's fun to just watch it for a moment. Obviously it will be cooler when you see each user's NAME and not his userid, which is most impersonal.

I showed this to Apophis, and he even helped me for a bit, but I don't think he plans to do anything with it.

It was fun to build, though. I've since applied what I learned on this project to help a coworker build a Google map that displays real-time locations (and routes) of its delivery trucks. Looks like Fx 1.5 doesn't like the tooltip dimensions I specified. If I ever resume work on this little venture, I'll have to fix that.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Bubba were are about 15-20 mins away fom each other........My location is wrong. If your is right how'd you do it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I went out of my way to keep the locations approximate (for privacy reasons), but they're usually pretty damn close to where you're sitting. :)
                      Well, I invite everyone over to my house.We can have an EXTREME time. Here are the coordinates if you want to find it on Google earth.

29&#176;28'12.97"N
                      90&#176;18'44.34"W

And this is my dorm room, this is where I sit:

29&#176;47'23.46"N
                      90&#176;48'6.52"W

It isn't everyday that you say, "Here are the coordinates to my house."

Comment

Given that that likely isn't your house, I'd check with the house's owner before you just start plastering its coordinates to God and Country.
                        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          Given that that likely isn't your house, I'd check with the house's owner before you just start plastering its coordinates to God and Country.
                          I see, I'll ask my mom if i can keep that posted here, but i think she will say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                            Bubba were are about 15-20 mins away fom each other........My location is wrong. If your is right how'd you do it.
                            It won't let me use my actual zip code so according to the map I am about 15 to 20 miles from my actual location. I used my old zip code. My actual is 85338.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

First in SC baby!! w00t I am also on the zoomed up pic of my zip code :D
                              Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X