so its that time again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so its that time again.

Every body is releasing their top 10 lists of 2003, but I dont care about the 10 top lists, I just care about the number 1 spot so I ask you, my friends;

What was the best ____ of 2003?[list=1][*]Movie[*]DVD[*]Book [*]Album[*]Song[*]Game[*]Tv Show[*]Event[/list:o]

Just 1, so dont give me a top 10 or top 5 or any of that crap, just 1 of the above, your best, what you loved the most.

note: It has to of been released between Jan 1st of 2003 to Dec 31 of 2003.

note 2, about tv shows: The tv show must of started or ended in the year 2003.

note 3: The event has to of happen in 2003, it can be a personal event (something that just happen to you) or something that happen in general, but the event must of happen in 2003.

Movie : The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
    DVD : X2 X-Men United
    Book: The Dark Tower V: The Wolves of Calla
    Album: Evanesence: Fallen
    Song: Evanesence: Bring Me to Life (I like em, sue me :P)
    Game: Natural Selection 3.0 (its released for me ;))
    TV Show: I don't watch TV, so nothing
    Event: Hardly the best, but the one event that stands out in my mind the most would be the Challenger disaster.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
      Event: Hardly the best, but the one event that stands out in my mind the most would be the Challenger disaster.
      Yeah. 1986 was a rough year.

Wyzcrak
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Movie : The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
        DVD : X2 X-Men United
        Book: The Dark Tower V: The Wolves of Calla
        I agree with these
        Album: Evanesence: Fallen
        Song: Evanesence: Bring Me to Life (I like em, sue me :P)
        Explains a lot
        Game: Natural Selection 3.0 (its released for me ;))
        He means legally
        My vote is Tony Hawk's Underground

TV Show: I don't watch TV, so nothing
        hmm to much computer is bad
        I vote the new south parks
        Maybe you should turn that tv on more he said 2k3 not the 80's
        WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak

Wyzcrak
          psht, wyz, not everyone shares your penchant for correctness in spelling, grammar, AND content...

Oh yeah, topic.. right...
          1. Last Samurai, with it's sexy samurai action :P and freaking ninjas!
          2. uh... don't buy any, but let's just say LoTR for making you sit on your butt for hours watching what you've already seen. AND THEN SOME.
          3. None this year... several from last but eh =\ (Harry Potter V!)
          4. I live my life in silence.
          5. See above (but i'm going to say Danger High Voltage by electric six)
          6. Viewtiful Joe, or Soul Calibur 2. Hard to choose.. hm... viewtiful joe is too good
          7. ::EDIT:: FINE fine fine... Queer eye for the straight guy... such a funny show
          8. challengar DESASTARO! (Or the blackout... 'twas interesting for me personally, in NYC)

Comment

mine

1) Movies: X2, I'm a comic fan, so I loved this freaking movie. Better then the first in every way.

2) DVD: The Adventures of Indiana Jones: Its Indiana Jones for Christs sake.. on DVD!!! How can you not think this is the best GD DVD set ever?!?!!

3) Books: Shadow Puppets (Ender book 7). Hello! just look at my name.

4) Album: Audioslave: Self Titled. The first CD I have bought in 6 years, yeah, its just that damn good.

5) Song: So many to choose from, but I will have to go with Puddle of Mudd "Away From Me"

6) Games: Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne: Its Max Payne.. enough said.

7) TV show: Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season 7. Cant belive they cancelled this, bastards!

8) Event: This is so easy and every Americans choice. The capture of Saddam.

I also amended the original post.

Comment

1 ) Movies: The Last Samurai, I liked it most when you take away special effects (lotr and matrix) out of the picture. Otherwise Matrix.

2 ) DVD: I don't purchase or watch many DVDs (I download :P). I did watch and like special Scarface DVD, so I pick that.

3 ) Books: I don't read actual books. other then text books lol. I'm more of an article/magazine/paper man.

4 ) Cant say I have listened to ANY album as a whole this year so can't really pick one. Liked 50cent: Get Rich Or Die Tryin (white guy like me listens to rap and hip hop?)

5 ) A fav song not possible to pick, they change everyday. Liked "Rob D - Furious Angels". Not sure if thats the right artist, or if it was released this year.

6 ) 2003 did not produce games which had a replay value for me. Having said that, Star Wars Galaxies kept me interested for the longest time (2 months) so it gets my vote.

7 ) TV Show: Monster Garage. Don't think I missed a show, love it. (also American Chopper!)

8 ) Event: 3 day camping trip. A friend of the familys who lives in Poland visited us this summer (1 year older then me, 22). He was one of my best buds when I lived in Poland. Went camping several times with him and friends, this one perticular trip was a 3 night party in the wilderness, won't forget it.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

I am going to amend some of the above posts here LOL

I think everyone is thinking about the Columbia spaceshuttle that blew up February 1 2003

Challenger Accident was January 28, 1986

Comment

wyzcrak pointed this out YEARS ago...
                  Originally posted by Wyzcrak

Wyzcrak
                  and my challenger post was a rip on bentley... way to read, my friend :P

shadow puppets was good, but certainly not the masterpiece that the very first book was. the bean saga makes peter look like an idiot, which is no good =\

::edit there's an obscene amount of editing going on... guess no one wants to spam? and i guess wyzcrak pointing it out "YEARS" ago could be misleading, sorry :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                    wyzcrak pointed this out YEARS ago... and my challenger post was a rip on bentley... way to read :P
                    LOL I thought you were serious that is why I corrected again. my bad

Comment

Originally posted by dragon
                      I am going to amend some of the above posts here LOL

I think everyone is thinking about the Columbia spaceshuttle that blew up February 1 2003

Challenger Accident was January 28, 1986

Right. I was tired.

Comment

5 ) A fav song not possible to pick, they change everyday. Liked "Rob D - Furious Angels". Not sure if thats the right artist, or if it was released this year.
                        Actualy been around for a long time. The track "Furious Angels" was used in The Matrix:Reloaded, but for the Artist Rob D his CD has been available since a little before the first Matrix was released, 1999. It included this track and several others that were used in the Matrix movies. Favourite of mine is "I'm Not Driving Anymore" the instrumental track was used in the trailers for Reloaded.

Comment

Re: so its that time again.

What was the best ____ of 2003?[list=1][*] Movie - T3[*] DVD - T3[*] Book - Dont read Books[*] Album - Eminem, Justine T or Robbie Williams[*] Song - Sexed Up, Robbie Williams[*] Game - None to speak of, they are all pritty crap lately, suppose the Civ3 series got me hooked[*] Tv Show - Don't watch much TV, but i suppose its Little Britain...[*] Event - RUGBY WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY! :D:D:D and Fall (plus capture) of Saddam, oh and last night ;) ;) [/list:o]
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

while i wont pick on you like the others for getting the name wrong, i totaly agree on this..

oh and our failed trip to mars :evil:
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

What was the best ____ of 2003?

Movie - Finding Nemo

DVD - Finding Nemo

Book - Who's Looking Out for You? - Bill O'Reilly

Album - Was Coldplay's latest released this year?

Song - I really dig the video for Coldplay's The Scientist

Game - BF:1942 Desert Combat mod version .6

Tv Show - TV will rot your brain. Don't be dumb...

Event - At the beginning of the year a man was murdering people whenever he wanted while living in multiple palaces. At the end of the year, the same man was having his hair deloused and mouth inspected for suicide capsules after being captured by coalition forces. If there's a bigger or better event that happened this year, I can't imagine what it might've been...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X