No announcement yet.

TG Yearly: Bulk Buy Is there interest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Yearly: Bulk Buy Is there interest?

Proposal:
    Once or twice a year, TG will offer a product at discount. Before purchase, the product will be decided on through the community (discussions and polls) in advance. Pledges will be taken, and finally a purchase and distribution will take place.

Explanation.
    We have been throwing around a few ideas on how to do this, but the biggest question is "Are you interested?". This won't happen -at all- unless the majority of the TG community, and possibly the extension to our "friend" communities, can be reliable and dependable. The idea is to give you enough notice so that the purchase is more feasible money wise.

This also takes into consideration a great deal of trust and patience within the community. Without this, this won't happen. If a product is chosen, that you want, can you be depended on to get it from TG?

Poll:
    So, think for a while... and really consider weather or not YOU are interested in this idea. Choose yes if you like the idea of a TG offered product, choose NO if you do not like this idea.
    Yes I am interested.
    36.51%
    No I am NOT interested.
    15.87%
    I need more information first.
    47.62%
    Last edited by Iceberg; 12-03-2005, 01:53 PM.
    USAR

Re: TG Yearly: Bulk Buy Is there interest?

You've essentially asked if we're OK with unconditionally agreeing to purchase whatever product gets the most votes. I'm not going to buy something because it's the most popular (when compared to the other things I could buy) among a demographic. I'm going to buy something because it's most popular with me.

Perhaps the above isn't quite accurate. Perhaps the product is only purchased once or twice a year if the number of votes THEN (not the number of OKs NOW) justifies the purchase. If that's the case, then I'm not sure what you're asking us to OK now, but I'm OK with purchasing in response to the votes then, as the money can be gathered before the immediately pending purchase.

That's a heck of a lot you can correct me on. Feel free to. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Perhaps the above isn't quite accurate. Perhaps the product is only purchased once or twice a year if the number of votes THEN (not the number of OKs NOW) justifies the purchase. If that's the case, then I'm not sure what you're asking us to OK now, but I'm OK with purchasing in response to the votes then, as the money can be gathered before the immediately pending purchase.
      This is correct. This poll is to see if there is just interest in the idea, not anything mandatory. If there is little interest, then Id predict that moving forward would be pointless. If there is alot of interest, then we can decide where to take it from here... but Im certainly not demanding a justification now :P

The details on HOW this will work aren't hammered out yet, but I thought we needed to decide if this is infact a reachable goal here at TG.

Ill edit my post to make it more clear!
      USAR

Comment

I like the idea. If it's worth the savings, I don't mind the waiting. Someone would have to handle a lot of things though trying to figure out the costs, shipping information and items to poll.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I agree in principle with Wyz that not every popular title might be of interest to me: for example, I have yet to buy BF2 Special Forces, and my life is pretty good. Plenty of other games to play, and all that.

If another major title, say Armed Assualt or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter rolls around, something that I know Apophis and the "board" will put their considerable talents to, then I am by no means adverse to saving a buck or two.

I has to be top down, in other words. If Apophis gives us 2 or three titles to choose from and puts a vote to SUPPORTING members, then I'll abide by it, and look forward to my copy in the mail.

If its going to be a popularity contest, forget it.

Comment

Keep in mind this isn't just for games... any product, thumb drives, headsets, something related to PC Gaming could be offered. Its not a commitment right now, just trying to stir some support.
            USAR

Comment

Consider my support stirred. Yes vote.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
                Keep in mind this isn't just for games... any product, thumb drives, headsets, something related to PC Gaming could be offered. Its not a commitment right now, just trying to stir some support.
                You are a man of vision. :icon_bigg

Just how many illuminated gaming keyboards do we have to buy to get a discount?

Comment

I vote yes on the concept. I wonder what other kind of products you had in mind- ipods, xbox360, psp's, Toshiba's Gigibeat?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X