TX LAN Party After Action Reporting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX LAN Party After Action Reporting!

Well hello Dahlings! Here is an update for the goings-on with this whole LAN get-together thingie, plus an "official" roster of the people who are planning on coming. (I started a new thread because the other one was a bit long...)

Here is a tentative itinerary and some stuff fyi:
    Jan 13th, Fri. 10pm -- "ice breaker" drinks @ Katz's (618 West 6th Street
    Austin, TX 78701)
    Sassy and I will be driving in late, so I understand if some of y'all can't make it, but Katz's is a 24-hr deli/bar and that's where we'll be at 10p.

Jan 14th, Sat. 11am-ish -- Meet at Zilker Park pavillion "Pecan Grove" for the 3 B's -- BS, BBQ, and BYOB! Plus some ultimate frisbee/touch football ;)
    (2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin)
    When we get too tired/cold, it's off to the Gaming Center (5310 Burnet Road, Austin, 78701) for some all-nite lanning. They have 15 systems in-house, but BYOC+monitor is recommended. Don't forget your headphones! They have network equipment for about 1,000 computers, so I don't think cables/switches/etc. are going to be an issue, but I will be bringing mine just in case. Bring extra cash for pizza run, BAWLS, snacks, etc.

Jan 15th, Sun. ?? -- "Wild card" -- if we liked the place, maybe go back for a few hours before everyone heads home. Otherwise, laser tag, bowling, paintball, whatever we all feel like :D -- I will be heading home by 5pm at the latest on Sunday.

Also -- If anyone needs a hotel, I found a weekend deal at Laquinta.com for $49/night near Zilker. www.lq.com

Cost:
    $10 -- LAN facility access
    $5 -- Pavillion rental
    $7 -- BBQ supplies (meat, plates/napkins, sides, etc., PM me for detailed list)
    -----
    $22 per person payable with PayPal, check, or money order ASAP (PM me for mailing address)

Roster:
    Sugar
    Sassy
    Beatnik
    CingularDuality
    Rincewind
    Birdie
    Mishkan
    nickhastapee
    TauNeutrino
    StrikeFear
    AntiVisual
    nex911

This is going to be great! So....Comments? Questions? This is my first time doing this, so if I've overlooked something, please bring it to my attention. Do it gently, though.. I'm the fragile twin. :D Now I'm going to hit some long-overdue BF2, woot!
    I heart TG.
    xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Re: TX LAN Party -- Update/Roster

Looks good! Now just to run everything by my keeper ;)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

It's a no-go for me...sorry :(

Comment

Originally posted by nickhastapee
        It's a no-go for me...sorry :(
        Wha?:row__691: If there's anything we can do to help, let us know. I'm sure the rest of us can adjust to cover a few people if money is an issue. If transportation is an issue, I'm sure someone can give you a ride. I really don't see that you can come up with an acceptable excuse. It's a month away, so you can't possibly know about a family member dying yet....
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'll have to fork up the money somehow :-/. I could grab Opal or Astro if y'all have seen them around. Want me to take pictures of the places for y'all? I'd be careful though about playing Ultimate with some of us ;)
          [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
          [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Meh, I'm not really keen on the idea of taking a 3 hour drive to Austin to play games with people that are waaaaaaaaaay above my age group.

No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhor
              Meh, I'm not really keen on the idea of taking a 3 hour drive to Austin to play games with people that are waaaaaaaaaay above my age group.

No thanks.
              Ummm, ok, if that's the way you want to be, we didn't want any little kids around, anyway...:icon8:

What the heck is that supposed to mean, anyway? We're good enough to play games with while you're sitting at home in your underwear, but you're scared to play games with us in person? :madsmile:

Do not take either of the above comments too seriously, they were meant to be only lighthearted jabs.

Seriously, why do you think that the age difference will matter?
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                but you're scared to play games with us in person?
                The only one I am truely scared of is you to be honest...

Are you saying you wouldn't feel even slightly uncomfortable if you went to a lan party where everybody was 15-17? That wouldn't be what I would expect.

Comment

The only one I am truely scared of is you to be honest...

Are you saying you wouldn't feel even slightly uncomfortable if you went to a lan party where everybody was 15-17? That wouldn't be what I would expect.
                  Hanging out with a bunch of strangers, regardless of their age, would make me a bit uncomfortable.

I don't consider any TG member to be a stranger. We all have something in common, and although I have no illusions that I'm going to be best buds with everyone that comes to this party, I'm sure that I'll become better friends with quite a few people and that I'll go home enriched from the experience.

Age is just a number. And your maturity doesn't have to match that number. Trust me on that one... :icon12:
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Heh, my wife likes the idea of me dropping her off in Dallas while I continue on to Austin (her best friend lives in Plano). So it looks like I'll be on for Saturday at the least. I'll secure my childcare then send the funds. :)

And don't let our "old age" scare you from a cool time. We know how to party just as good as young'uns... ;)
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

The only one I am truely scared of is you (CingularDuality) to be honest..
                      Wow, I'm still reeling from that post. I'm really speechless about it, honestly. And as the organizer of this little event, I take Pfhor's comment as a bit of a flame. But props to you, Cing, for keeping your cool. +rep

And as for Pfhor.... even the littles I teach know that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

In the meantime, I know I'm not an admin, so I can't remove any posts or lock the thread, so let's just ignore immature comments and post about the event, please. I'm pretty excited about it, even though it is more than a month away.. I just hope everyone who wants to is able to come. And I'm with Cing on money, transportation, etc.. Let's not let that be an issue. After all, TG is a community!
                      I heart TG.
                      xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

I'll probably be the youngest there, I'll be 17 in January almost 18. I hate parking downtown :(
                        [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                        [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

I'd go but I'm, you know, like 65687654 hours away and not legal age to drive, let alone have any of the GOOD fun :icon15: :icon15: :icon15: :icon26:

Plus I always have been the odd man out as far as maturity and humor (and language for the most part :row__639:) go, so I never did think I'd "fit in" :icon_frow

Comment

What a initiative Sugar. I hoped to join up with you, but the trip from Europe was way to expensive. Hope to get a good AAR and some great photos from the session.

Enjoy, have fun
                            sigpic

Comment

Percu - read above - if it's money that's an issue, we'll make it go away. Say the word, and we will see about covering your expenses.

I suggest (and volunteer) that the guys in Austin help out with the local logistics - ie:
                              • Providing rides to/from hotels for out-of-towners
                              • Picking up BBQ supplies
                              • I dunno, whatever else

It seems totally feasible to me that, if we know the budget for local purchases ahead of time, we could front the cash and get reimbursed later by the contributions to the event.

What say you guys? Beatnik? Mishkan? (Yeah, I know you're 17 :) ) Ne1 else in Austin?
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...