AOL Illegal Billing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL Illegal Billing

It about time someone did this. I have the same problem with AOL few years ago. I cancel AOL in middle of the month before the month end. Then the next month I saw my bill it was charge for the service I did not use at all. I call AOL CS again told them I have cancel AOL service they said "You had cancel AOL service sir on this date 6/2002 we will fix the problem ASAP sir. I thought everything is going to be fine now next month came by I look at my credit card bill I saw I was charge for two month I did not use. And so on you know what happen next it is a long story.

Originally posted by dslreports.com
    AOL Illegal Billing
    Yet another lawsuit filed

A new lawsuit accusing America Online of illegal billing (SeattlePI/AP) has been filed in Illinois, add this to the more than a dozen or so legal proceedings that have been pending for years in state and federal courts throughout the country. The lawsuit, filed last month in St. Clair County Circuit Court on behalf of 10 AOL customers in six states, claims the company confused and deceived customers about the charges, stalled them from canceling unauthorized accounts and refused to return questioned fees. AOL is accused of spinning off what was expected to be just an additional screen name into an additional 'membership account' without the subscribers' knowledge, then charged and collected a separate monthly fee for each account. Nicholas Graham, an AOL spokesman, said the Dulles, Va.-based company considers the Illinois lawsuit "a legal rehash that has as much legal value as refiling your personal income taxes from four years ago.
    =The Whole Story Link=
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...L_Lawsuit.html

=DSLreports.com Thread Link=
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/70044
    [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
    5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
    [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Re: AOL Illegal Billing

This is par for the course for AOL. We had an AOL account when back when I worked for an Internet development company that we used for testing purposes. It was like pulling teeth to get them to cancel it. We'd cancel and we'd keep getting billed. Then they finally thought they had it resolved when they disabled our account but the billing kept on coming!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

my boss had AOL for a couple months on the free trial....well he went to cancel they just gave him 3 months more free....hes done that 3 times....and he doesnt even use it....stupid company
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I've heard the easiest way to get AOL to cancel your account is to tell em you're going in to hospice and won't be able to pay your bills much longer.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed