Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I mentioned TG on another website's forums and got a hostile reponse!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mentioned TG on another website's forums and got a hostile reponse!

The day I bought BF2, I started playing, and boy was I disappointed! I was looking for teamwork and communication and couldn't find it. I discovered a gaming website (Evil Avatar) and used their forums to ask if someone could recommend a good server that used teamwork and microphones.

I got a couple of responses, but no one recommended anything good. Then, I found a post about Tactical Gamer on the BF2 forums, and that was exactly what I'd been looking for, so I went back to Evil Avatar and mentioned that I'd found a great community.

Well, I guess I pissed off one guy cuz his response was extremely pessimistic and none too friendly. Copy and paste the following into your address bar, you'll need to add the www cuz I'm still working on 15 posts (I'm not yet allowed to enter links to other websites in my posts)

evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7248

Feel free to read it for yourself, it's really kind of funny.

[TG]Fencer

Re: I mentioned TG on another website's forums and got a hostile reponse!

http://evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7248
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

The Evil Avatar guys are hostile to just about everything. They hate us, they hate Gamers With Jobs....they are enamored with their own self importance.

Comment

phew gladly you got out of there fencer. Welcome to TG! :D

- -

Comment

Heh, I responded and basically got charged with being Fencer in diguise! Or the other way around. I'm not sure.

Some of those guys are just determined to be miserable or have some sort of persecution complex. So I think we can just leave it at that.

Fencer, welcome to Tactical Gamer and I'm glad you're enjoying the community!
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I like this reply from you Apophis to evil avatar.:) LOL

Originally posted by Apophis FRM evilavatar.com
            Yeah, Fencer and I are the same person. Did you know we were part of the whole JFK conspiracy? Remember that UFO crash in Roswell, New Mexico? It's hidden in my basement.
            [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
            5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
            [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

Originally posted by lunisicx
              I like this reply from you Apophis to evil avatar.:) LOL
              Heh.. I didn't know what else to say. The concept that there would be some sort of conspiracy being played out over a simple post that Fencer made makes me laugh. I think some people have a difficult time saying "Thank you" or admitting that someone was trying to be positive and helpful. The only way it makes sense to them is if they can turn it into something negative so they don't have to actually thank the person for giving them some worthwhile info.

Okay.. Enough of my pop psychology for the day.

Comment

+rep for the Illuminati reference. :)
                Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik
                  +rep for the Illuminati reference. :)
                  Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!

:row__690:

As an interesting side note. Originally XLII.COM / Network 42 was going to be XXIII.COM / Network 23. The domain name was already taken though. The 23 is a reference to the Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea. Network 23 was also the name of the TV station that Edison Carter worked for in the Max Headroom series. Since I couldn't have the 23, I just replaced it with the 42 from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Comment

Huh! knew the 42, but not the Network part... vvvvveeerry interesting...

Comment

LOL. That's some funny stuff in that thread :). BTW, +rep to Apo for both the HGTTG and Illuminati references.

---

Comment

And for confusing the Evil Avatar guys ;). Luckilly, you found the right place here.

Comment

Nice the big A-PO putting the smack down.

Comment

Thanks for your support Apophis! And to everyone at TG who has welcomed me so warmly! Now as soon as Comcast fixes my cable connection...I'll be back online playing BF2! See you all soon.

[TG]Fencer

Comment

What I like best about this....this....."episode" is that Fencer was polite as was Apo. On top of that no other TG'er got their panties in a bunch and started flaming their forum. Nice job guys.
                              "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X