Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

    *Every map will have all sorts of escape routes. Asphalt roads are best suited for big vehicles like the mobile command center, which can get stuck in the mud. Small trenches offer soldiers safe passage to creep through on foot. Each map will have routes made to benefit specific vehicles, like a ramp at the end of a pier, letting you jump a river evil knievel style.

    *One of the cooler elements incorporated into the battle is that everyone can call in class-specific backup. An engineer can order up a mobile radar dish. You can call in an air replacement for a vehicle that was just destroyed, yada yada.

    *no gathering resources in RTS mode.

    *most maps optimized for around 32 people but 64 can be chosen

    *Unlike BF2 where most gamers go rogue ET:QW enforces a similiar style to team fortress where teammates must work together (the dev gave an example of how you need proper offense, mid, defense.

    *Most games in vehicles one person drives while the other person mans a turret. In ETQW one person can steer and have limited field of view while they control the guns. Player two takes the turret giving him 360º of turret action. Player three has a command console that allows him to designate targets so everyone can focus their aim.

    *Player classes

    Humans (GDF):

    Field ops - Fire support role w/ N5 machine pistol & ammo packs. They call in field gun arty, rocket arty, strategic strike missles, and air-strike uplinks) Also can laser designate targets.

    Medic - Support w/ N80 Assault rifle with ability to use scope or grenade carbine. Can heal and revive teammates, also construct supply stations

    Engineer - Support/Defense w/ n22 shotgun,land mines, prox mines. Can construct and repair vehicles and object points. You can deploy radar stations and defence turrets.

    Sodier - General Assault w/ N93 machine gun, N72 LAW rocket (hell yes). Can convert N93 and N72 to be mounted and made usable by others.

    Ranger - Stealh/Recon w/ N38 Sniper rifle, smoke nades. Can use PDA to hack and disable enemy deployables.

    Strogg:

    Constructor - Support/Defense w/ Nailgun and EMP charge. Can construct and repair vehicles and objectives. Can also deploy units such as a psi-blade and deploy antipersonel/vehicle turrets.

    Tank (tentative name) - General Assault w/ Hyperblaster fast firing assault gun, Obliterator Bosonic Orb weapon. Can perform limited scouting and support functions via remote drones.

    Oppressor - Fire Support w/ Lightning pistol. Can control artillary deployables such as plasma mortar, rail howitzer, and orbital attacks

    Meditek - Support w/ (weapons undetermined). Can siphon stroyent (material that is their fuel/blood) from fallen enemies to refuel teammates. Once a meditek gets its hands on any fallen GDF it becomes a spawn host for the next Strogg waiting to come back to life (like a spawn point?)

    Infiltrator - Stealth/recon w/ railgun, biolectric pinch bomb. After subdueing a target the infiltrator can "strogg" a GDF and sneak behind enemy lines looking like an enemy soldier. Only way for the enemy to identify that you are a human who has been strogged is to see slight "battle wounds" or cybernetics on skin.

    *Splash Damage (the developers) are very hardcore at making every class/vehicle work in a rock/paper/scissor manner and are already intensly play balancing. Another part of the article says they are "obsessive" about making the game balanced.

    *A solo mission w/ bots will be availble when the game ships so players will be able to learn how to play ETQW. (think of it as training missions)

    *Will offer achievements for players as a ranking system but SD wants to stay away from global rankings like BF2's system. One idea they are playing with is making the game play on a Campaign system that consists of three maps. Any experience earned will let you level up over the course of the fight but once you start over everything is reset so everyone plays on an even field (many other games do this).

    *The game features lighting effects extremely similiar to HDR without hogging the CPU, features tons of post processing effects to "pretty" the game up

    *Physics -

    Everything is a physics object, if you park a command center at a bad angle on a hill it will roll down the hill within seconds. The environment reacts to itself, cars kick up real gravel, river currents can carry debri downstream, you can create makeshift roadblocks with real objects. the Developer gave an example of how the day the team of CGW checked the game out they had just added a Husky ATV and one of the quality assurance testers packed the ATV full of C4, parked the car on a hill and let it roll down slowly into the STROGG base. As the enemies gathered to check it out....BOOM bodies fly everywhere. (makes me think of BF1942 with jeeps and mines)

    *Detail - if a strogg is low on stroyent you can tell by looking at the pack on his pack and noticing that the liquid is "sloshing" around like it is half empty. You can tell if a player is out of something because it will not physically be on his model. The entire game is covered in a "level-of-detail" shader termed the "Stuff System" that populates the area with objects of relevence. You will be able to see litter,newspapers, debri all created via shaders to make the world seem real.

    *Vehicles shown in pictures
    -Strogg Icarus Antigravity Pack (jetpack)
    - VTOL jets
    - Husky ATV
    - Stogg Goliath Tank (awesome!)
    - Trojan amphibious assault vehicle
    - basic GDF tank
    - some freaking mamoth Strogg transport vehicle/battle ship.

    I will start a riot if this game doesn't catch on in TG.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

    [tg-c1]

  • #2
    Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

    Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
    *Every map will have all sorts of escape routes. Asphalt roads are best suited for big vehicles like the mobile command center, which can get stuck in the mud. Small trenches offer soldiers safe passage to creep through on foot. Each map will have routes made to benefit specific vehicles, like a ramp at the end of a pier, letting you jump a river evil knievel style.

    *One of the cooler elements incorporated into the battle is that everyone can call in class-specific backup. An engineer can order up a mobile radar dish. You can call in an air replacement for a vehicle that was just destroyed, yada yada.

    *no gathering resources in RTS mode.

    *most maps optimized for around 32 people but 64 can be chosen

    *Unlike BF2 where most gamers go rogue ET:QW enforces a similiar style to team fortress where teammates must work together (the dev gave an example of how you need proper offense, mid, defense.

    *Most games in vehicles one person drives while the other person mans a turret. In ETQW one person can steer and have limited field of view while they control the guns. Player two takes the turret giving him 360º of turret action. Player three has a command console that allows him to designate targets so everyone can focus their aim.

    *Player classes

    Humans (GDF):

    Field ops - Fire support role w/ N5 machine pistol & ammo packs. They call in field gun arty, rocket arty, strategic strike missles, and air-strike uplinks) Also can laser designate targets.

    Medic - Support w/ N80 Assault rifle with ability to use scope or grenade carbine. Can heal and revive teammates, also construct supply stations

    Engineer - Support/Defense w/ n22 shotgun,land mines, prox mines. Can construct and repair vehicles and object points. You can deploy radar stations and defence turrets.

    Sodier - General Assault w/ N93 machine gun, N72 LAW rocket (hell yes). Can convert N93 and N72 to be mounted and made usable by others.

    Ranger - Stealh/Recon w/ N38 Sniper rifle, smoke nades. Can use PDA to hack and disable enemy deployables.

    Strogg:

    Constructor - Support/Defense w/ Nailgun and EMP charge. Can construct and repair vehicles and objectives. Can also deploy units such as a psi-blade and deploy antipersonel/vehicle turrets.

    Tank (tentative name) - General Assault w/ Hyperblaster fast firing assault gun, Obliterator Bosonic Orb weapon. Can perform limited scouting and support functions via remote drones.

    Oppressor - Fire Support w/ Lightning pistol. Can control artillary deployables such as plasma mortar, rail howitzer, and orbital attacks

    Meditek - Support w/ (weapons undetermined). Can siphon stroyent (material that is their fuel/blood) from fallen enemies to refuel teammates. Once a meditek gets its hands on any fallen GDF it becomes a spawn host for the next Strogg waiting to come back to life (like a spawn point?)

    Infiltrator - Stealth/recon w/ railgun, biolectric pinch bomb. After subdueing a target the infiltrator can "strogg" a GDF and sneak behind enemy lines looking like an enemy soldier. Only way for the enemy to identify that you are a human who has been strogged is to see slight "battle wounds" or cybernetics on skin.

    *Splash Damage (the developers) are very hardcore at making every class/vehicle work in a rock/paper/scissor manner and are already intensly play balancing. Another part of the article says they are "obsessive" about making the game balanced.

    *A solo mission w/ bots will be availble when the game ships so players will be able to learn how to play ETQW. (think of it as training missions)

    *Will offer achievements for players as a ranking system but SD wants to stay away from global rankings like BF2's system. One idea they are playing with is making the game play on a Campaign system that consists of three maps. Any experience earned will let you level up over the course of the fight but once you start over everything is reset so everyone plays on an even field (many other games do this).

    *The game features lighting effects extremely similiar to HDR without hogging the CPU, features tons of post processing effects to "pretty" the game up

    *Physics -

    Everything is a physics object, if you park a command center at a bad angle on a hill it will roll down the hill within seconds. The environment reacts to itself, cars kick up real gravel, river currents can carry debri downstream, you can create makeshift roadblocks with real objects. the Developer gave an example of how the day the team of CGW checked the game out they had just added a Husky ATV and one of the quality assurance testers packed the ATV full of C4, parked the car on a hill and let it roll down slowly into the STROGG base. As the enemies gathered to check it out....BOOM bodies fly everywhere. (makes me think of BF1942 with jeeps and mines)

    *Detail - if a strogg is low on stroyent you can tell by looking at the pack on his pack and noticing that the liquid is "sloshing" around like it is half empty. You can tell if a player is out of something because it will not physically be on his model. The entire game is covered in a "level-of-detail" shader termed the "Stuff System" that populates the area with objects of relevence. You will be able to see litter,newspapers, debri all created via shaders to make the world seem real.

    *Vehicles shown in pictures
    -Strogg Icarus Antigravity Pack (jetpack)
    - VTOL jets
    - Husky ATV
    - Stogg Goliath Tank (awesome!)
    - Trojan amphibious assault vehicle
    - basic GDF tank
    - some freaking mamoth Strogg transport vehicle/battle ship.

    I will start a riot if this game doesn't catch on in TG.

    So what game is this that you are refering to? You only seem to call it ETQW.
    Kemotaha

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

      That would be Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Google ETQW for a couple fan sites.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

        It looks sweet. I hope it pulls through.
        Kemotaha

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

          suck now i have to upgrade my grapics card....that looks awesome
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

            I ve been looking at this game also since I saw the trailer... Now I know the little bittie details, omg... :row__631:

            I gotta get a new video card i guess.. :row__522:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

              I don't trust Activision since they messed up Heavy Gear 2. :( I also can't believe that is entirely in-game footage, it looks like a good chunk is cut scenes or just plain trailer movie.

              Kind of a cool concept, though I've never been a fan of future infantry combat games.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                I think this is more likely to replace Natural Selection and Dystopia, than BF2.

                Outside of the in-house teams, BF2 players are more interested in giving lip service to teamwork, while still maintaining some of their individual fragmonkeyness.

                I don't see a game that forces teamwork from a top-down perspective as catching on with that lot. They are more apt to celebrate individual achievement (say perry's ungodly capacity for mayhem, or Xxdark_viperxX's skill in the cockpit) than the team.

                That said, I could see this catching on with members of the in-house squads, PCS-Proven types, and old guard TG.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                  Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
                  I don't trust Activision since they messed up Heavy Gear 2. :(
                  On the other hand, Splash Damage developed RtcW:ET and did an awesome job with it, and then Activision released it for free.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                    I am SO into this.
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                      klklsfklsdjfkljfdkls this game looks absolutely obsurd.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                        Looks good if it's not buggy. I'd get it.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                          New graphics card and I'm all set for it. Looks pretty cool.
                          Roses are red, Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, Poem writes you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                            interesting



                            AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The time to throw BF2 away may be near or atleast happen sometime in 06.

                              Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              I don't see a game that forces teamwork from a top-down perspective as catching on with that lot. They are more apt to celebrate individual achievement (say perry's ungodly capacity for mayhem, or Xxdark_viperxX's skill in the cockpit) than the team.
                              I am greatly offended by this remark.
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                              | for | |

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X