Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site space

OK, all you web savy people out there,

what is the best place to get free space for a web site?
    Any ideas?

(Ideally, I'd love to have one with TG, but can't afford to actually pay anything right now :( )

I don't need much space or bandwidth, I just wanted to mess around some. Make one of those lame, 'this is my web site' sites or something.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

www.geocities.com is now owned by Yahoo and my wife says it's nice for cheesy free sites...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Best is relative.

Free is a whole other thing. :)
      Sign up for free space at Yahoo, Netscape, Tripod, and even your ISP might offer some space. I'd try that first just to get started.
      I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

1and1.com

They're offering a no-catches (don't believe me. read the fine print. but it all looks good to me) offer with 500 MBs of free web hosting space for three years.

That is a VERY good deal. :)

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
          1and1.com

They're offering a no-catches (don't believe me. read the fine print. but it all looks good to me) offer with 500 MBs of free web hosting space for three years.

That is a VERY good deal. :)

Wyzcrak
          I use them and it is decent. plus only $5 for a domain name
          WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

1and1.com is still having that promotion? Cool. That's a really good one to try out. You'll get easy FTP access to the site. That would be way better than most free webspace interfaces. As dragon said, spend the $5 for a domain name or else you'll be giving out some weird address with lots of numbers. You'll probably never fill up on 500 MB of space and its 5 GB bandwidth limit.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I say support TG and get webspace through Network 42. I know I know its not free... but ya know... I had to say it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X