Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W32/Sober virus

Just got this from Sussex Police

East Sussex Trading Standards are warning the public to avoid falling victim to an ongoing mass virus attack wherein computer users receive unsolicited e-mails purportedly sent by either the FBI, or the UK's National Hi-Tech Crime Unit (NHTCU). These scam e-mails tell the recipients that their Internet use has been monitored and that they have accessed illegal web sites. The e-mails then direct recipients to open an attachment and answer questions.

The e-mail appears to be sent from the addresses [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] and contain the latest variant of the W32/Sober virus which raids the infected PC for e-mail addresses to send itself to. These e-mails did not come from the FBI or NHTCU. Anybody who receives such an email should delete it without opening it.

Members of the public are advised to visit www.getsafeonline.org for detailed instructions on how to protect themselves and their computers
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: W32/Sober virus

Nice, another virus :(. Good thing i also have a mac ;).

Did you hear about the IM virus that speaks to you in diffrent languages? It searches for your computers system language and then speaks you into opening an attachment.

Comment

NOOOOOOO, what virus is that? this virus crap, I'll tell ya, these people that create these thing need to be hung by their ying-yangs and then cut down.

Comment

Heh... I got an email from the FBI warning me about these emails...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm an email admin and monitor all the necessary lists, but I'd heard about this some time back. Sober.Y is supposed to fetch updates early in January (anniversary of some Nazi holiday) from known URL's, which you can block from the firewall. (It's only 3 IP's, so a trivial iptables rule set.)

Meanwhile, watch out for the Irish Virus:
          Attached Files
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X