If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I had the oppurtunity to see some of that new stuff in testing at the proving grounds. I will give you my oppinion on it!
1. Helmet visors will have direct uplink to sattelites for birds eye view of battlefield=no more ambushes since you will be able to see whats over that next hill or around corner.
2. Future versions will have kameleon camoflage that changes colors automatically to fit the environment.
3- The suit itself is also your chemical suit meaning you will be preparred in the event of an NBC(Nuclear Biological Chemical) attack.
4. Future versions will have built in nano technology allowing the suits to be heated and cooled keeping the body at a constant 98.6 reguardless of the ambient temp.
5. Weapons are integrated into the Hud on the helmet visor which gives you a targeting reticle in the helmet. Advantage is you can now fire around corners without having to actually look around them.
6. Future versions will have built in meds for battlefield triage. Allowing a medic to treat a casualty from across the battlefield.
7. Future versions will implement strength enhancing technology allowing soldiers to jump higher, run farther, more strength.
1. With new technology so advanced it will make it hard for a soldier to fix his own stuff if it breaks. Very important in the middle of a firefight. Will have to go to some special place to fix the elaborate technology.
2. It also seems as tho this stuff will be very bulky making it hard to enter thru windows and tight places.
As you can see I have listed more good points than bad. This stuff looks interesting but I think it will be a long time before we see its widespread use, and even longer until soldiers will begin to trust it. I guess if we continue on this path 50-100yrs from now it will be mechwarrior anyways.
The eventual end is to remove soldiers from the battlefield all together and have wars fought with machines leading to no loss of human life but, who knows? Anyways I will stop rambling now.
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"
Actually - you don't know this but you have been a member of the Future military body since the introduction of Amaericas Army.
What you don't realize is that by logging in and playing - you are actually controlling and automaton in a clandestine war in some little-known country. The United states gov't has since employed the services of EA and DICE to expand the soldier base further and put more troops on the ground and in the air.
Like when Wulfyn runs his tank over a wall, he jumps out just before he is killed (tking the rest of his tank team), and "picks up" a new tank. It's not like he is going to get shocked for picking up an enemy's weapon. ;).