Soldier of the future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldier of the future

Are you guys curious about the soldier of the future and his/hers new and cool tools?

Check out this link:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/ffw.htm

Cheers,

Marco
    Pommetje

Re: Soldier of the future

Looks a lot like in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Roses are red, Violets are blue. In Soviet Russia, Poem writes you!

Comment

I had the oppurtunity to see some of that new stuff in testing at the proving grounds. I will give you my oppinion on it!

Good Points-
      1. Helmet visors will have direct uplink to sattelites for birds eye view of battlefield=no more ambushes since you will be able to see whats over that next hill or around corner.
      2. Future versions will have kameleon camoflage that changes colors automatically to fit the environment.
      3- The suit itself is also your chemical suit meaning you will be preparred in the event of an NBC(Nuclear Biological Chemical) attack.
      4. Future versions will have built in nano technology allowing the suits to be heated and cooled keeping the body at a constant 98.6 reguardless of the ambient temp.
      5. Weapons are integrated into the Hud on the helmet visor which gives you a targeting reticle in the helmet. Advantage is you can now fire around corners without having to actually look around them.
      6. Future versions will have built in meds for battlefield triage. Allowing a medic to treat a casualty from across the battlefield.
      7. Future versions will implement strength enhancing technology allowing soldiers to jump higher, run farther, more strength.

Bad Points-
      1. With new technology so advanced it will make it hard for a soldier to fix his own stuff if it breaks. Very important in the middle of a firefight. Will have to go to some special place to fix the elaborate technology.
      2. It also seems as tho this stuff will be very bulky making it hard to enter thru windows and tight places.

As you can see I have listed more good points than bad. This stuff looks interesting but I think it will be a long time before we see its widespread use, and even longer until soldiers will begin to trust it. I guess if we continue on this path 50-100yrs from now it will be mechwarrior anyways.
      The eventual end is to remove soldiers from the battlefield all together and have wars fought with machines leading to no loss of human life but, who knows? Anyways I will stop rambling now.

:)
      Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

Actually - you don't know this but you have been a member of the Future military body since the introduction of Amaericas Army.

What you don't realize is that by logging in and playing - you are actually controlling and automaton in a clandestine war in some little-known country. The United states gov't has since employed the services of EA and DICE to expand the soldier base further and put more troops on the ground and in the air.

;D
        sigpic

Comment

Ender? Is that you?
          |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Battlefield 3 material imo.

Comment

The one huge disadvantage is if the enemy gets a hold of this technology, they will be able to reek havoc around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                The one huge disadvantage is if the enemy gets a hold of this technology, they will be able to reek havoc around the world.
                Isn't that true for every piece of military hardware?

P.S. P8triot, I now have a mental picture of a battlefield with people falling of buildings not getting there chutes open, people suddenly ending up inside a desktop, etc.

All thanks to Dice (love the game though ;-) )

No thanks I'll stay save and sound here where I am now, having no intention to join ANY real battle.
                Pommetje

Comment

Good point. Havoc does have a terrible odor!

Comment

Just like in BF2 where you can pick up the enemy's kit to get that annoying tank, and then swich back.

Comment

Moving to General forums. You guys should break out more ;)

Comment

Like when Wulfyn runs his tank over a wall, he jumps out just before he is killed (tking the rest of his tank team), and "picks up" a new tank. It's not like he is going to get shocked for picking up an enemy's weapon. ;).

Comment

[QUOTE=Pommetje]
                          P.S. P8riot, I now have a mental picture of a battlefield with people falling of buildings not getting there chutes open, people suddenly ending up inside a desktop, etc.
                          [QUOTE]

I never indicated that the war wasn't rushed to production before Beta was done did I? Maybe the there was a problem with the 'intelligence'.

:row__523:
                          sigpic

Comment

Quote tags are like so (without spaces):

[QUOTE ] [/ QUOTE] (remember the capitals)

[QUOTE =Playername] [/ QUOTE]

Comment

Quote tags are like so (without spaces):

[QUOTE ] [/ QUOTE] (remember the capitals)

[QUOTE =Playername] [/ QUOTE]
                              Thank you BD I am aware of that.. not sure why that decided to turn out that way.. didn't pay attention to them this time.. sometimes I don't-- use tags everyday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X