DVD Region Codes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Region Codes?

My dad recently bought a DVD of some concert that was filmed in the UK and we put it into the DVD player, and it tells us that it is the incorrect region code. I believe that the region code tells you where it can be played or something, so if this is a US DVD player, we can't play it in it unless we have a UK player? Any suggestions to get it to work? It won't even work on my mac or pc.

Re: DVD Region Codes?

That's my understanding. I could be wrong.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

What i'm trying to get at, is there any way around it? Setting the pc so it thinks its in the UK?

Comment

I am not sure. I will have to look around and see what I can find.

Comment

Found the problem. It won't play.

Comment

What was the problem?

Comment

Check your rep. It was some sort of recording problem where it had a diffrent region code and it was recorded in PAL color format instead of NTSC color format so it dosen't play. The links might help, i have to wait until i am on my pc, though.

Comment

I think something in the links I sent you might help.

Comment

Check out this software.. I've used it a time or two, but never to play region protected movies, so I don't know how well it works for that.

Then, if you didn't want to watch it on your computer, you could rip the DVD and remaster it in to NTSC format. Here are some guides on that. Good site for all things computer video releated anyways. I think your best bet, though, is to watch the movie on the computer.
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

If i can convert it to the correct format and such, I will probably burn it to a DVD and see if i can play it again. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                      It was some sort of recording problem where it had a diffrent region code and it was recorded in PAL color format instead of NTSC color format so it dosen't play.
                      Just to be clear. This is not a recording problem...it is a buying problem. When it comes to buying overseas you have to take careful notice of the region code and whether its PAL/NTSC. Please read these links for more information:

http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdl...gioncodesa.htm
                      http://hometheater.about.com/cs/cons...osyourpala.htm
                      http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Article.../PALvsNTSC.asp (read last and only if you got the time...the first two links should be your priority)

I would not suggest trying to convert the dvd from PAL to NTSC if you think in the future you will buy more dvd's from overseas. While its certainly a feasible option, its a technical process that takes some time and learning. Your better option imo would be to buy a region free dvd player that does PAL to NTSC conversion for you. This would allow you to not only view your current music dvd but also allow you to jump into the rest of the world's dvd markets without worry of playback issues. Foreign cinema can be quite a treat!
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The region code is handled by the drive, not the software. Newer drives only allow you to change the region code 5 times, to prevent people from conveniently switching back and forth. Don't you just love the MPAA and RIAA?
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

i had this exact same problem. I used a TSU2000 pronto remote, you can program an IR code to unlock all region codes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X