Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently got a new (used) Car! Also, my return!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently got a new (used) Car! Also, my return!

What is up, all? Long time no see/play. A few of us old fogeys may remember when we had a meetup several yars ago in Gettysburg and I brought my Eclipse. The years haven't been kind to it and maintenance costs and lack therof took a big toll on my baby. Faced with already having spent a lot on getting it inspection-worthy just to be legal to drive around again, as well as the prospects of having to buy a new droptop worth as much as the car's value, I finally struck out to try to find a new daily driver. After having been successfully talked down from spending my money chasing a late 90s restored 1975 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce (it'l fall apart around you, you can buy it but you can't afford to drive it', etc... although.. I may revisit that..) I test drove and finally resigned myself to buying another Italian car...

Too bad I snapped these after I had already been driving it around to work for a bit at night.. So not nearly as clean as it should have been.

In a few weeks going to a FIATs on the Dragon autoclub tour as well, so that should be exciting...

Also more's the pity.. I just saw this beauty this week while driving down the road.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

"... finally resigned myself to buying another Italian car."

Boy, you are a glutton for punishment. Though, the Fiat does look like fun.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Hah! yeah, it's great. runs good, tons of torque. (160 hp, 170ft-lbs with turbo). good radio. convertible. Wish it had more accessable storage but i lived with that in the Eclipse. Sounds epic (by stock, cat-back straight exhaust with no muffler.) Thinking of putting a high-flow intake on it ahead of the intercoolers. Gotta get rally mudflaps as well. Thats one of those things though. economical on gas, fun as **** to drive. Maintenence costs like a Mercedes. And heaven help you if you blow the clutch or something else major breaks (but i have full bumper-to-bumper extended warranty. but a clutch job is like 1700 in that thing.)
      Last edited by Bisclaveret; 10-07-2016, 08:57 AM.

DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

I hope you enjoy the lack of an arm rest between the seats...though there are aftermarket solutions.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          I hope you enjoy the lack of an arm rest between the seats...though there are aftermarket solutions.
          Actually, driver gets an armrest (but not passenger.) Driver gets all the comforts, passenger gets not a lot, and the +2 in the back get shafted (though the seat's comfortable)

Comment

Heh, I was refering to the lack of a armrest center console...but nice to see they comprised if only for the benefit of the driver.

Eh, might as well have made it a single seater. Clearly passengers weren't in the vision of the vehicle.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just came back from the Tail of the Dragon in NC/TN! great stuff.

Tail of the Dragon (3 times...) Cherohala Skyway, Devil's Triangle in Tennessee, Waya Bald leg, decent part of the Moonshiner 28.. what a way to break in a car ;) Then drive home through Gainesville and grab some moonshine bourbon from a distillery and head home.

Comment

Looking good Bisc. I love the new high end 500 series like this one - http://www.fiatusa.com/en/500x/trekking-plus/
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Pricey though.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect