Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Radio Broadcast for the Invasion of Normandy

Complete CBS News Radio Broadcast of D-Day

Came across this CBS radio broadcast archive a little while ago, and I've been listening to it in lieu of modern radio. It is quite a sobering piece of history to listen to. The magnitude of the revelations being told are enormous.

The amount of people that were undoubtedly glued to their radios while these radio broadcasts were being made, not knowing what fate a loved one or a friend would face over there, included most of the of the world.

Almost all of the initial broadcasts were from German news agencies about paratrooper drops and enemy (US and British) ships appearing off the coast of Normandy. CBS even decided that they would not interrupt normal programming until they had a less dubious source than the enemy. No Allied person could confirm the story.

I found it to be a interesting thing to listen to, and thought that I would share it. Hope you guys like it as much as I do.
    Old Time Radio Programs, Complete Broadcast Day, D Day, June 06 1944
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here is the archive, there is a lot of really cool stuff there.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X