Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So apparently Battlefield 2142 came back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So apparently Battlefield 2142 came back...

I know it's been like, five or six years since I've been on here, but I've come back bearing good news! Battlefield 2142 is back! Thanks to some community members, they managed to get it working without the main master server from Gamespy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLTt8CAgHJQ

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

wow, that comment about 10 years is hard to take.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I suddenly want to play again. BUT, would we be able to run a TG 2142 server anymore?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Somebody would need to do a privately hosted server, plus we would need to find enough people who are interested in it

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

We'd have to privately host a server, yeah, and advertise for it. This month has kind of burnt me out of cash though and it's only just begun.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I've been playing a fair amount of 2142 recently. Now a days the controls seem closer to unreal tournament than any modern military shooter, but I still love it!
            sigpic
            Nothing to see here but a hole in space.

Comment

Played this morning on their EU INF server... what a throwback. Loved it.

Comment

It might be my raging nostalgia, but I feel like this version of battlefield stressed teamwork more than any that followed. That's why I love it (and the sci-fi setting). Some combination of the super short time to kill, interface design, available unlocks, and squad leader role. First game I played with TG!
                sigpic

Comment

2142 always had the right mix for me. Great teamwork. Coordination through a commander. Scifi, but not over the top. Good time-to-kill. No insta-knife or auto heal. No stupid doritos floating over their heads. ~30m round times. It just clicked with me like no other shooter has since.

Comment

Lets meet up one day and do a strong TG squad, Ill bring the emp nades and the Bianchi! Miss that game.

Comment

I'm in! I'm usually either medic/close-range infil/support.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shotgun!.....or the hmg! Either way, if we do it after my semester here I am in! God I do miss those days though, Having to try too tactically sneak on by your enemy; the constant failures to do so because TG was way to awesome at catching you and then the thrill of finally making by and capturing a flag and starting a new front somewhere! Eventually you either won, lost or got whittled down and have to start over again, but that was the thrill!
                        Last edited by ScratchnSniff0; 04-10-2017, 06:30 PM. Reason: Edit1: A word.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
                        [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
                        [support]

Comment

I was always about the engineer class with that nice railgun launcher. I might be able to have a friend do the server for tg. He hosts a lot of games that I play, 7 Days to Die, Factorio, Space Engineers, Empyrion - Galactic Survival, Feed the Beast Minecraft, Project Zomboid, & Astroneer. If you want I can ask him about it. You can hit me up on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vitamin187/

Oh I think the server will be based in California.

Comment

What is the usual awesome squad run to do. 1 support, 1 recon, 2 medics, 2 engineers?? lol

Comment

If you're suggesting we run a squad together, count me in!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X