Good old days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good old days

Hey, guys, I was used to play PoE, BF2, BF2142 on TG back in 2009-10. Good old days, we got old as well... But still that was an awesom time isn't it ! Remember and never forget, that's what I do, don't know about you guys, but I do.
    Just came to say Hi to community, to those who I was fighting with, in PoE mostly. Is anyone still palying anywhere, any FPS games like BF3/4/1, ARMA, Insurgency, Red Orchestra 2 and stuff like that ? Is any chance to play with ? I'm Zew, ****in stupid russian medic recalling old good days ))) If you're in say smth here.

The Arma, Squad and Planetside 2 communities within TG are quite active. Jump in our TS and say hello, we'd be happy to welcome you back.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Hi Zew, welcome back to TG! Sadly, many of the franchises that used to deliver a great game every few years like BF, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, COD, etc, no longer have much popularity at TG anymore due to a variety of reasons. You can still find people playing ARMA, Squad, World of Tanks, Planetside 2, Star Citizen and a few other titles.

You might find ARMA and Squad to your liking since you enjoyed POE and Planetside 2 hits the BF2/BF2142 combined arms spot.

If you have time, jump into TG's TeamSpeak channel to see what folks are playing on a regular basis by following the setup instructions in this thread:

https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...er-information

DOH! Dimitrius beat me to it! :D

MISSING PCS RIBBON!

Comment

Thanks for reply guys. Just... those games Squad, Planetside 2 and others are not my games, too specific, and too fat and lazy I am nowadays, you know, all that stuff )) Arma, well, though I've played it for some time stiil this game for me is pretty much complicated... Just mentioned it for some reason, dunno )))

I usually play BFs,(3,4) sometimes many hours in a row, of course lonewolf, public servers, Metro - a lot )) other tactical type of gameplay, maps etc require to be a Team, to have mic - I quite playing Team and quite using mic since one day my squad member said to me "Shut the f up, let us play!" ))) since DICE broke a team spine in this game and next to it. Run n Gun, Glitch everywhere, cheats, though I've seen them very few by myself for all my BF gaming life. Not complaining, just as matter of fact. I get it, I got it, and damn I mostly like it, it's fun but... miss those old days a bit.

Bf1 is very unfriendly for me as for support player, in such games no medic's needed, ammo supply - but why? they dying to fast to be low on ammo!

Once more, thanks for reply guys!

Comment

If you want to give Planetside 2 another shot, there's plenty of options to kit out the Combat Medic and Engineer classes to your particular tastes so you don't have to be a front line combatant with even more since the recent inclusion of the Advanced Specialization Program. There's also a number of support roles you can play from running Repair/Ammo Sunderers, flying Ammo/Repair Galaxies, flying Valkyries with Scout Radar, harvesting Cortium using an ANT, building support bases (with more artillery options coming) and many others.
          MISSING PCS RIBBON!

Comment

Actually I played PS 2 for many hours, it was when I tried to replace BF with something else. All I can say is that I recently tried out this game again, already in Steam (I played it before it became SONY game and some time after that), and somehow I didn't find it suitable for me. Too many teamkills, too many invisibility. I quite it, not my game.
            What about Insurgency and RO 2, no medics there but these games stiil very tactically decent.

Comment

Originally posted by zew45s View Post
              Actually I played PS 2 for many hours, it was when I tried to replace BF with something else. All I can say is that I recently tried out this game again, already in Steam (I played it before it became SONY game and some time after that), and somehow I didn't find it suitable for me. Too many teamkills, too many invisibility. I quite it, not my game.
              What about Insurgency and RO 2, no medics there but these games stiil very tactically decent.
              Arma is the only game, based on your description, that offers the medical simulation you are looking for. To some extent, squad does too.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm sure you remember me zew. Unfortunately the good old days of Battlefield here are over given the direction the devs took the series. They are actually revealing the next Battlefield tomorrow (23rd) but regardless of how pretty it will look I'm sure it will continue to disappoint in the areas TG cares about.

Reading your replies here it sounds like when you lose your favorite old friend(TG BF) your not the type to venture into the more mil sim style games like Arma or Squad. Same here.

You could give Overwatch a try during its upcoming free weekend. I've been playing that since it released in 2016. Completely different visuals and I certainly can't guarantee you'll like it but it can fill that desire for talking tactical teamwork based gameplay that moves at a quicker pace than games like Squad. Medics(healers) are always needed in that game. Not a big crowd here at TG for the game but outside the major games mentioned in previous replies that tends to be the norm. Those who do play it tend to be BF vets though.:)

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/free-trial
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                  I'm sure you remember me zew. Unfortunately the good old days of Battlefield here are over given the direction the devs took the series. They are actually revealing the next Battlefield tomorrow (23rd) but regardless of how pretty it will look I'm sure it will continue to disappoint in the areas TG cares about.

Reading your replies here it sounds like when you lose your favorite old friend(TG BF) your not the type to venture into the more mil sim style games like Arma or Squad. Same here.

You could give Overwatch a try during its upcoming free weekend. I've been playing that since it released in 2016. Completely different visuals and I certainly can't guarantee you'll like it but it can fill that desire for talking tactical teamwork based gameplay that moves at a quicker pace than games like Squad. Medics(healers) are always needed in that game. Not a big crowd here at TG for the game but outside the major games mentioned in previous replies that tends to be the norm. Those who do play it tend to be BF vets though.:)

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/free-trial
                  Hi Mantis, of course I remember you, your long long scrim videos were awesom! ))
                  Yes, perhaps I'm that kind of person too, yet I find myself in BFs, like almost all of them. After all it's common agreement that makes game tactical or not, every player must follow the rules, just like TG did and probably does. Well, on public servers with casual palyers there's no any tactics... but still there's pretty big fun, anyway. Medics sometimes like to be bad, too ))

I checked Overwatch... well, that thing's not mine either, these heros... I play TESO sometime, EU server, and I got enough of this fantasy thing in this MMO.

So you guys don't play BF 3-4-1? We may play some games some time. I almost regularly play BF 3, BF 4 on US and EU servers, like SIC, TBGClan, Silk Road, XtreamNoobs, BananaRepublic and others. Still bad spoken English, still bad shooter, but yet understand BF things right )))

Comment

There may be some TG BF vets from the new crowd that came in during BF3/BF4 that could still be playing BF1 or 4. When all you know is those BF games I'm sure BF1 and playing BF on non TG servers is still OK. I wouldn't expect them to post here though - if they are out there they probably consider themselves a part of that new group/server by this point. I would also bet hardly any of the older bf2/poe2/2142 TG vets are playing BF these days.

Rainbow Six Siege - try that one yet? I didn't take to it myself but I saw the appeal and it seems to have a decent following in general. Not sure if TG has any regular players though.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by zew45s View Post
                      we got old as well... But still that was an awesom time isn't it !
                      Ain't that the truth.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Well if you guys happen to BFs I'm nh44z in game. I've no mic and mostly do what everybody does - little there, little here, kill, be killed, camp a bit )) and of course heal, drop ammo box - do regular things in public BF. Plug in mic not a problem anyway. I'm Metro fan a lot )) So see ya, was nice talking you!

Comment

Reading your comments - I think it would be worth your time to check out Squad. I have a grand time playing Medic in that game. Teamwork is a must if you want to win at Squad so the majority of people will cooperate if you communicate with them. You'll find those bad apples that just want to be selfish kill streak hunters or whatever but you more importantly it isn't difficult to find a squads worth of people that want to play as a Squad and work together. It plays a little slower than RO2, but that slower pace means people will actually wait for a medic rather than give up and respawn instantly.

Comment

Today somehow was recalling BF2 and its some sort of Renaissance - BF2-BF2142 Revival Project. Damn EA killed it too...

Comment

Hi, Zew. It has been a while.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X