Battlefield V Beta Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield V Beta Thoughts

I haven't played any games since putting a few dozen hours into BF4 just after its launch... Just purchased a decent gaming rig a couple of months ago, and have played a bit of BF3/BF4, even COD World at War. Bought BF1- but just because EA was offering a package $10 deal for ALL of it. And now, the BF V beta is out- and I'm curious about how other TGer's are taking it.

Sure, it's beta, and there are bugs here and there, but visually I think it builds on BF1, and when comparing where it is now, to the BF2 days of old - it's amazing the realism and environment we can play in now! But, I'm wondering how TG is going to react to it- mild embrace, dedicated server, ignore and move on to Squad (which I've not tried yet, but videos seem cool)- cause as it is, unless TG embraces it and enforces a Squad Leader/Command rules structure- I can't see it being much fun.

Lots of running and gunning, and on the few servers I've found an actual squad- it's been quite fun. Still too many damn snipers - why can't we/BF/EA/DICE limit that to 2 kits per side??

Curious as to what my TG brothers and sister think...?

Wasn't sure where to put this msg, into the BF4 forum, so Admins feel free to re-post appropriately.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

There's been a limited discussion here: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...bf-v-open-beta

My thoughts on the beta are here: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...28#post1806728

Summary: I will most likely be buying.

Comment

Thanks Draeh! I will likely buy as well...

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Some interesting things about the launch or lack there of for launch.
        • No RSP available at launch
        • No naval combat/ sea vehicles.
        • Firestorm (Battle Royale mode) will not be present
        • Co-op mode will not be available
        • No visual customization for vehicles at launch
        • The big advertised feature of wounded soldier dragging also won't be there
        I can't help but feel it's a bit of a early access title we got going here, even by delaying the launch of the game, it'll still feel pretty incomplete. The RSP, I was hoping would make it by launch and be MUCH improved over BF1's silly design of having to rent a server and control it directly from within the game. I also put 30+ hours into the the beta, and had a lot of fun, especially on Rotterdam, which was an upgraded Amiens, which is a good thing, but so much better. I may wait closer to launch to see if anything changes.

I'll crosspost this with the other thread.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X