Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Game Models Specific Weapons Most Accurately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Game Models Specific Weapons Most Accurately?

I don't here mean "which game has the most realistic ballistics model", to which the answer is probably the ArmAs and maybe Squad after that and the various SWAT/Clancy shooters after that. What I mean is 'what game gets the rate of fire, weight, relative maneuverability and other physical characteristics of guns best?"

The main reason I am thinking of this is because GRAW2 has a semi-realistic ballistic system (nowhere near as detailed as ArmA, of course) but the G36 for some reason is slow and heavy compared to other rifles, even though of all the things a G36 is heavy is not one of them (it's almost all plastic). I am sure the reason they did this is because almost every enemy in the game has a G36 and the player cannot select it as an option (though he can choose an XM8, which is in fact a G36 in disguise, and the XM8 is much better than the G36 in game).
    I despise muhBalance muhGameplay decisions of this sort, so I am wondering if there is a game out there that doesn't pull punches or bother with making guns equal in gameplay statistics. I am not sure of the actual in-game statistics of guns in ArmA but I suspect it probably handles this better than Call of Duty or Far Cry.

Escape From Tarkov does a good job making guns act like guns. Sadly getting access to those guns to play with them isn't a pain in the backside... They definitely no question have the most detailed gun models in gaming today. Each round is modeled from magazine to the brass hitting the ground.

Comment

Yup - for sure Tarkov. Other games do ballistics better due to being bigger maps and having longer range firefights, but Tarkov has crazy detail.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X