Tactical Gamer Offline - Was a fun past two days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tactical Gamer Offline - Was a fun past two days

As you probably noticed, TG was offline for a few hours this morning as well as yesterday morning. A critical vulnerability was discovered in the vBulletin software that allowed hostile actors the ability to completely take over and control any vBulletin site out there. The developers released a patch yesterday to resolve the issue but as the TG site was already hit, I felt it best to rebuild from the ground up.

New web servers and database servers were deployed and configured, and all content was recovered from backups and installed on the new boxes. I took the opportunity to upgrade the database server software and upgrade TG to the latest version of vBulletin, thus paving way for a badly needed site redesign. There are far too many bug fixes to list that were corrected, so you may see a lot of new or slightly different functionality. Everything should be functioning normally with significant performance improvements on the site.

I would recommend that users change their passwords. While your passwords are salted and encrypted in the database, I recommend the change out of an abundance of caution.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Will there be a clean up of the forums to remove all the game titles which haven't been played in years?

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
      Will there be a clean up of the forums to remove all the game titles which haven't been played in years?
      I was thinking of that when I did the upgrade today. I will likely go through and do some purging to make things a bit more streamlined.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks boss, quick work!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X