Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wake up to your favorite song (w/ comp in your room)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up to your favorite song (w/ comp in your room)

This is one way I know to wake up to any song on your computer. It involves more than one program so, if you know an easier way, please share.

First program you need is Firefox. You've probably heard of it, may you use it. If you prefer IE (that's fine), don't worry, this is not a scam to get you to switch.

Secondly, you need the Firefox extension FoxyTunes, which allows you to do this alarm clock thing. If that link doesn't work, open Firefox and click on Tools -> Extensions then click on "get more extensions" in the box that popped up. At that website of extensions, click on the Entertainment category and find it (listed alphabetically). All you need to do is download it and then restart Firefox to get it to work.

Final step is easy, click on the orange note in the Foxy Tunes toolbar and select your media player. Then go under tools to set the alarm clock time (set it for a minute for now to test) and your done. Just leave Firefox, and your media player on.

To queue a song, start it in the media player, then stop it in Foxy Tunes. Now you can wake up to that song when the time comes. Of course, I would keep your old alarm clock as a backup.

Any better ideas are welcome, I just thought I'd share this.

Re: Wake up to your favorite song (w/ comp in your room)

Nifty.. thanks!

Comment

Wouldn't the same thing be accomplished by running a .m3u (playlist file) as a scheduled task? Works for me.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

its not like id sleep with my comp on in the same room anyway lol

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Wouldn't the same thing be accomplished by running a .m3u (playlist file) as a scheduled task? Works for me.
          That sounds significantly easier. I know my motherboard came with some program that lets you set up programs to run a a certain time (and it turns on the computer for you so you wouldn't have it running all night) and you can set command line parameterers and stuff. Then you could have it turn off the computer when it's done But then again, I guess schueduled tasks in Windows probablly does the same thing, doesn't it?

Of course if my computer started I would probablly wake up before it started playing the song because I could here the humming. I'm usre it'd be quiteter than my CD alarm clock though. That thing is LOUD. I can here it the second the CD starts spinning.
          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

The problem with PC as alarm clock is that it is v expensive when you throw it across the room and go back to sleep.
            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
              The problem with PC as alarm clock is that it is v expensive when you throw it across the room and go back to sleep.
              I hadn't thought of that. It would be challenging to throw the computer without getting out of bed though (unless you sleep right next to it).
              AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X