Act of War?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act of War?

Did anyone here ever play Act of War: Direct Action?

I am a huge fan of RTS games, and this game was the most addicting of them all when I got it on release day. Played it through in two days. Then, i tried the multiplayer, and that lasted a day. Haven't touched it since.

Present day - heard about the upcoming expansion, got accepted into the beta, and am very excited about all the changes (more tactical options, naval units, greater control over air units)

Is anyone else here excited or even aware of this game?

thoughts please :)

Re: Act of War?

I'm NOT a hugh fan of RTS games, but am of BIG fan of Dale Brown, so I also bought it on release... I only played the first 3 missions before I un-installed it, not that it wasn't good, just IMO wasn't great, but now I do regret it and just may have to re-install it and give it another shot... especially if what I read about the add-on is true, alot of new cool features and weapons systems.

thinking... thinking... thinking...
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Im a big fan of C&C Generals:Zero Hour. Play it all the time, but I've been thinking about getting Act of War since it came out. I too would be interested in what ppl thought about this game, especially if they can compare it to C&C zero hr.

Comment

fan of Act of War here...

You are in beta for expansion? that is sweet.... I trade in most of the games I play but Act of War I kept to see what it has to offer for me... the expansion got announced and i rejoiced...

Anyway... I know a couple of people have that game and enjoy it as well... Let us know... Get us into some deep sh*t. :icon20:

Comment

To the questioner's, go ahead and try Act of War. In my humble opinion, the single player is incredibly addictive once you get past the first few "training missions". The game almost feels like the show 24, in that it melds together live-action cutscenes with the gamesplay, and it all happens in a short period of time. I don't feel that the skirmishes and multiplayer is as good as Zero Hour because of balance issues between factions, and because it's missing that simple elegance that Zero Hour has. The gameplay is a bit more complex, and you can't directly control the airpower, only call it in on specific targets. The way it handles urban combat is what grips you, because no other RTS has really attempted this in a modern combat setting. I hope I haven't judged this incorrectly, and that you enjoy it if you try it. I'll let you know how the expansion is looking during beta tests. It's pretty easy to get in if you're interested. Join the www.ataricommunity.com , and then e-mail the main guy at [email protected] . Usually, you sign up for these beta's at www.betatests.net , but the site is down until the new year. PM if you got questions.

Comment

Yeah I liked that game but it ran slow on my old card, I should probly redownload it heh

Comment

Is anyone down for some act of war?
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...