Doctor Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter [Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter [Spoilers]

I know I'm way behind the masses, but I finally got around to watching the Hannibal movies (Yeah. Free video rentals pretty much pwns).

I set aside a day and watch Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, then Hannibal. After nearly six hours of movies, I must say the end nearly made me cry. In god damn disappointment.

I watched the 'original' ending, the alternate ending, and the director's thoughts of a 'third' ending. They all sucked.

The -best- of them was the one they kept, and that's not saying much at all. So Hannibal cuts off his hand instead of Clarice's. Then he feeds a kid some brain and "corrupts" him. Oh boy. This is a serious waste of tremendous potential. Is anyone else deeply disappointed in this? I haven't read the books, but I am told the ending is perfect. I'm buying them probably the day after Christmas.

So, yeah. I just needed to vent this. I really wanted a great conclusion to an amazing story. And I'm left hanging on the edge of my seat, waiting... waiting until I get the books.

Re: Doctor Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter [Spoilers]

The movies were great, you're just wrong.

Comment

The only one worth watching or the only one that is actually really good is The Silence of the Lambs. Hannibal was complete ****e, and the parts of red dragon I saw weren't anything special. You're forgetting manhunter though, which was a precursser to all of those.

Comment

Manhunter was the first movie of the book Red Dragon and isn't bad IMO. I prefer it to Red Dragon which, despite some very good actors, I found to be dissapointing.

I liked Silence of the Lambs. Well done with a good cast and performances.

Hannibal just didn't do anything for me at all. In fact the best parts of the movie for me were seeing Giancarlo Giannini (famous for his rolls in Lina Wertmuller movies of the 70's) and a few pretty scenes showing shots of The Biltmore.
        --
        Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Brian Cox played a strange Hannibal in Manhunter.

I really enjoyed the movies, but the books were better.

Hannibal is a psycho, he's got an obsession with Clarice. That's why he diddn't cut off her hand.

The ending part I don't think was supposed to be a scene of corruping the young, but rather to re-iterate the (fictional) fact that Hannibal is still out there. And still at it.

It leaves it open for a sequal should someone in hollywood would push for it.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
            The ending part I don't think was supposed to be a scene of corruping the young, but rather to re-iterate the (fictional) fact that Hannibal is still out there. And still at it.
            The commentary says quite clearly that he wanted to show Hannibal corrupting someone, and thought that scene was perfect, and that he had wanted to do it very much. ;) But part of that too, I'm sure.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X