sci-fi MMO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sci-fi MMO

I was looking around at MMOs and thought about buying one and try one out. Im not to interested in games like WOW based in the "Dark Ages", with trolls, and goblins.
    I want a A Sci-fi MMO, with great graphics (Not 2 bit tech. {not that it is bad]), and id like it to be fun :)

Any suggestions? I heard of this new game EVE. Anyone know anything about that? Or what about that new game comming out, SUN? Should i wait a few months and buy a game coming out mid year? If so which game?
    Last edited by Sabooya; 12-24-2005, 11:38 AM.

Re: sci-fi MMO

Their is a free EVE trial, check out the EVE forum. Apophis has a link for it posted. Try the game out to see if you like it then decide if you want to pay.

Comment

I personally enjoy Ragnarok. It isn't technically midevil, but like a modern past. Really weird, but insanly fun. I would wait for Ragnarok 2 to come out though. It has insane graphics. Ragnarok 1 (Which I play now, is 2d sprites in a 3d world) Good game, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
        I was looking around at MMOs and thought about buying one and try one out. Im not to interested in games like WOW based in the "Dark Ages", with trolls, and goblins.
        I want a A Sci-fi MMO, with great graphics (Not 2 bit tech. {not that it is bad]), and id like it to be fun :)

Any suggestions? I heard of this new game EVE. Anyone know anything about that? Or what about that new game comming out, SUN? Should i wait a few months and buy a game coming out mid year? If so which game?
        Yeah you basically just described EVE perfectly, go try out the trial, its addicting.

Comment

There's still Planetside. I've heard great things about it, and some of my friends who were long-time players and who left due to the devs "tweaking" on it too much still occasionally return.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Yeah PS is still popular, just alot of nerfs.. I play it with other clan

Comment

If you don't care about eye-candy, Jumpgate is an older MMORPG with a small loyal community from the creators of the upcoming "Auto Assault", Netdevil. You can get a 10 day free trial to check it out. It is different from Eve in that it is a "twitchy" mmorpg. You fly the ship with a joystick, and you can crash too, unlike Eve which is point and click. There are 3 warring factions, so that leads to PvP confrontations and you can engage in many types of missions such as mining asteroids for ore, transporting packages from station to station, fighting space aliens, scouting, etc. As you gain levels, you gain access to better and better spaceships.

Like I said, its an older game, so the graphics aren't that great, but the gameplay is fun, and if you join a squad...it will greatly enhance your experience. This game would've been a great success, but the promotion company went tits-up at release time, so very few people found out about it.

Go to www.jossh.com for your free trial.

Comment

EVE has a steep learning curve but in the long run it is a game you will play for months or years. It is very addicting and gets better the more you learn. If you have patience, go for EVE, if you want something you can jump into and start blasting, stay clear.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X