No announcement yet.

What's The Deal on TacticalOS?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Deal on TacticalOS?

Lots of threads these days with talk about linux.

This is a good thing.

Personally, I like Linux. I like the ability to hack the system any way I want. I like that I can create a live CD that I can tweak to my own requirements, and distribute it to anyone I want.

Linux as a gaming platform is still in its infancy. You can emulate just about any retro gaming system, but support for PC games is spotty at best.

That said, are you aware that since June I have been hacking various distros as a basis for our very own Linux distribution?

So, why is TacticalOS taking so long?

Well, it's a one man show, and there are only so many hours of the day.

There are also technical issues that have held up the distro.

Like what, you ask?

Well, first, I needed to learn what the heck I needed to learn to release my own distribution.

That took some time. Now I know what I need to do, and how to do it.

Next, we have some people that want TacticalOS to be source based, some want something Knoppix or Ubuntu like, and others that want to combine features from 4 or 5 different distros. They also want it easy to use, Linux noob friendly, and ready to play the latest games.

No small task, and a mountain of technical issues result from that.

I think I've come up with a set of applications and capabilities that will work for everyone, but I'm waiting for my base distro to finish it's release cycle to complete the Alpha. Should be a couple of more days before that happens.

The Blog will relaunch with the Alpha, so don't bother with the Blog links.

Alpha 1 will be shipped to testers ASAP. If you want in, you need to PM me. Those that have already done so, your patience is monumental!:row__577:

Re: What's The Deal on TacticalOS?

SWEET! nice work mateo......cant wait to hear some reviews from the alpha testers and things of that nature....who knows TG might possibly be the first gameing Community with its own its OS.....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed