No announcement yet.

What's hot 'round here coming up in 06?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's hot 'round here coming up in 06?

okay.....

its been forever since I hopped online to play.

not that I have some banging computer, but I think I can start up a few of the newer games. the BF2 demo played pretty well on my laptop.

so.......

what is the current hot game? BF2 still? what all do I need?

is CoD2 or BiA or CoD2 really big? I can only get 1...... help would be appreciated.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: What's hot 'round here coming up in 06?

bf2 i think is starting to fade and your best bet would be to try COD2....i think its going to start picking up with the new server....

Americas army is free and its a good FPS game...check that one out....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

starting to fade? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BF2 is still going strong with a full server almost every night and a throng of cool looking mods on the way shortly.

Comment

BF2 is was hot in '05, and is STILL hot in '06.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely
          BF2 is was hot in '05, and is STILL hot in '06.

BF2 needs map and mod resuscitation...

(Spell that word Trooper. I know you see this)
          Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jusb
            BF2 needs map and mod resuscitation...

(Spell that word Trooper. I know you see this)
            Um... like freeky said, the server is full every night. The community is still going strong. BF2 isn't dying like Joint Ops did when the retail was released. There was good interest with the JO demo but retail tanked. BF2 retail created a new sub-community within TG.

The next big game here could be anything. COD2 just started but I wouldn't say right now that it's the game to get. DdogG is getting one game and I wouldn't put it on COD2 that just got a server here.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

REE SUS I TASHIN

oh yeah Im smooth

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                what is the current hot game?
                EvE: Online!
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  Um... like freeky said, the server is full every night. The community is still going strong. BF2 isn't dying like Joint Ops did when the retail was released. There was good interest with the JO demo but retail tanked. BF2 retail created a new sub-community within TG.

The next big game here could be anything. COD2 just started but I wouldn't say right now that it's the game to get. DdogG is getting one game and I wouldn't put it on COD2 that just got a server here.

BF2 is definitely full every night which is good. But there are a lot of new people (good too) that are populating that server. Once it gets some new maps and a quality mod then you'll see all the regular older BF2 TGers who've moved on to other stuff -- AA, COD2, EVE -- start to play again...

There are a lot of the "old" BF2 regulars doing other stuff here...Just wait till theres another scrimmage you'll see all the in-house squads come out of the woodwork again...
                  Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

I wouldn't bother with BiA, it's no good in my opinion. I also don't think CoD2 will get near BF2 in terms of popularity within TG, but from what I hear it's a good game.

AA is a good game but got boring fast for me. EVE is not even an FPS, but seems to be pretty popular within TG right now. . .but there are many people who will never make the switch over to an MMORPG.

All that being said, BF2 is definitely where it's at within the FPS genre right now - in the internet community as a whole as well as within TG. We continue to tinker with vanilla BF2, making the game more friendly to all and ejoyable, and I have just as much fun playing BF2 now as I did when I first got the demo over summer. BF2:SF might not be a bad thing to purchase if you like infantry combat.
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

ok, so if I go BF2, what all will I need? Is it like GR yet where there are expansions plus patches plus mods plus tweaks plus anti-badger cheats I MEAN hacks I MEAN... crap.....

what do I need to get up to speed with the game, and can I get everyone's signature in blood that they will play it for at least another year?
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

ok, so if I go BF2, what all will I need? Is it like GR yet where there are expansions plus patches plus mods plus tweaks plus anti-badger cheats I MEAN hacks I MEAN... crap.....
                        You'll need the game, patched to the latest version. That's it. There is an expansion, but it's only run on certain nights. If you want to get it, you can. I just got it for xmas, but haven't installed it yet.
                        what do I need to get up to speed with the game, and can I get everyone's signature in blood that they will play it for at least another year?
                        Heh... The TG BF2 community is probably about 5 times as large as the TG GR community ever was... I don't think you have anything to worry about in this area.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

what is the current hot game?
                          The current hottest game is obviously Natural Selection.

Comment

COD2 is the right choice.

If people keep saying the community won't grow and never give it a chance then obviously it'll dwindle and die.

Comment

BF2 is definatly the largest, but i think COD2 will grow VERY quickly. Im not only seeing more and more TG faces on the server, but theres quite a few people ive seen on the server that have never played with TG yet are good teamplayers. For having the server less than a week, im surprised at how many people play on it already.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X