In Soviet Russia, Game releases you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Soviet Russia, Game releases you!

Read about what those crazy Russian hackers are doing with the HL2 leakage.

:D While limited, it is fun to poke around in.
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

" Publishers Vivendi still won't be drawn on when Half-Life 2 is likely to be released, with recent rumours suggesting that it may not be ready now until the second half of the year."
      <throws tantrum>
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

u know what, im starting to hate valve, screw there game they cant be botherd to keep up or protect there work, so i cant be botherd to buy it....
          From Adam Webb

Comment

Here here, screw Valve, Doom3 will make HL2 look like Commander Keen.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
              " Publishers Vivendi still won't be drawn on when Half-Life 2 is likely to be released, with recent rumours suggesting that it may not be ready now until the second half of the year."
              <throws tantrum>
              at this rate the hacker version will be done before the offical one..

Comment

I haven't bothered to look lately but the last I heard Valve was going to make an insurance claim to the tune of 300 million because of getting their server pilfered, losing liscensing revenue and game sales, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if they had given-up on ever releasing it actually. Whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                  u know what, im starting to hate valve, screw there game they cant be botherd to keep up or protect there work, so i cant be botherd to buy it....
                  :?

So, your hating a developer for not releasing a game on their original release date because they were litterally robbed? Sounds a tad childish to me. I'm not happy, but I wish the company no ill will.

Besides, I've got a copy of the hacked code. If the game is half as good as just the samples I've played though, I'll gladly wait and pay the $$ when it comes out.

Comment

it was WELL behind schedule and no where near ready, they used the hacking as a excuse.
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

From all the things that I have read, they were going to delay the game anyway... the hacking thing just gave them an excuse.

Comment

Eh

What game isn't delayed?

Or if a game does get released when said, how many fail to work properly before a patch gets released to fix the bugs?

I would rather see a gaming company delay a game to finish/fix for any reason rather than seeing a game "make" its promised released date only to be full of bugs or a major disappointment.

Comment

omg wolfie is alive

you seem to think all these delays (over 2 years late) will make it bugless? I bet, within 2months of release we will need to be downloading 100mb patches AGAIN.... and with steam supporting these patches, i can see it all being a utter pain in the backside. And since they left the network so open to hacking, i bet the market will be flooded with wallhacks, aimbots etc days after its release.
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                            Eh

What game isn't delayed?

Or if a game does get released when said, how many fail to work properly before a patch gets released to fix the bugs?

I would rather see a gaming company delay a game to finish/fix for any reason rather than seeing a game "make" its promised released date only to be full of bugs or a major disappointment.
                            Lock On? :)
                            Jex.

Comment

ooooh we coming up with examples now

DOD v1 :P
                              Civ3
                              Civ3:ptw
                              Civ3:conquests

all on time :P
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect