FF7: Advent Children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF7: Advent Children

Does anyone know the actual US release date of this? I thought it was supposed to come out today but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find out where to get it from or when it's coming out. Just wondering if any of you knew anything.

Re: FF7: Advent Children

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Availability: This title will be released on January 1, 2010. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
    I'll assume they meant 2006, so you should be able to purchase it now. I work at Hollywood Video, and I work tomorrow, so I'll see if we got it on *CROSSES FINGERS*

EDIT: Here, too...
    http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/descript...h&pid=90139906
    Arrival: T.B.A.
    *sobs*

EDIT #2:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4360409
    DVD Release Date: 04/25/2006
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It just gets worse and worse.... no more........

Comment

yeah, i noticed the walmart thing too. it's annoying, i wish it were out already. oh well

Comment

I saw the Japanese version (with subtitles).

AMAZING. I loved this movie. I hope they don't screw up the voiceacting in the English version.

Comment

I saw the Japanese version (with subtitles). Sad to say, I yawned most of my way through it. The plot (which was what I was looking forward to) was bizarre, unexplained and nonsensical (even for a FF movie) and the action seemed like standard anime fare, albeit nicely animated.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
            I saw the Japanese version (with subtitles). Sad to say, I yawned most of my way through it. The plot (which was what I was looking forward to) was bizarre, unexplained and nonsensical (even for a FF movie) and the action seemed like standard anime fare, albeit nicely animated.
            See, Japanese like to be/do in movies what they can never be/do in real life.

1. Have spikey and colurful hair.

2. have the big ol' colurful western eyes that they love so much.

3. Showing their emotions openly, such as shouting, carrying on, or weeping and screeching.

4. Have interesting/amazing lives, usually marking the character as special and not one of the pack.

That is just the way it goes with anime, and is part of why I only watch the cream of the crop. I was wondering if this one was going to be any good, might be worth a look-see.
            Last edited by Leonidas; 01-11-2006, 04:31 AM.
            War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
              It was disjointed and a bit hard to follow, but I still think it was nicely done. The plot was two-fold, the first part being your standard FF bad guy wants to rule the world thing, the second being Cloud overcoming his depression so he can step up and do what needs to be done.

The US release of the DVD keeps getting pushed back, the claim being that SE is upset about all the piracy. What they don't understand is that the people who pirated it are going to buy it anyway, they just didn't want to wait X months to get the US translation before seeing it.
              [squadl]
              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Yeah. The story makes little sense unless you're used to watching anime or played through FFVII. Remember, the movie was originally just a technical demo, so much of the movie is the usual japanese fan service action scenes (which are really rather good, even if they are fighting with gravity set to 0 =P) I persoanlly enjoyed it, but I am used to watching american movies, where you need to leave your brain at the door and forget about having to actually, you know, think about anything you're seeing.

As a stand alone movie it's really little more than a curiosity, but it's sold craptons of copies in Japan, and will sell craptons of copies in the US, whenever they get around to releasing it. (At this point it's set for June) As for the voice actors, if you played Kingdom Hearts, they're pulling the same VA's that did the voices in that for the FFVII characters for the movie, last I heard. Which means that Sephiroth's voice will be done by Lance Bass (of Nsync Fame) However, as I remember, the rest of them were atleast decent VA's, and I rather like the guy they had do cloud from KH, so.

The january 2010 thing at amazon is one of their "TBD" release date holders. It was originally schedualed to be released in November of last year, but with the way it's going, I wouldn't be surprised to see it make it all the way to Q4 of this year.
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

From what I have seen FF7 WILL NOT be avialbe on DVD in the US. It will only be avaible on PSP!!! You can pick up the Japanese /w Subtitles at most places that sell anime, on DVD, but it isn't english.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven
                    From what I have seen FF7 WILL NOT be avialbe on DVD in the US. It will only be avaible on PSP!!! You can pick up the Japanese /w Subtitles at most places that sell anime, on DVD, but it isn't english.
                    See my earlier post: at this link

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X