Paying the dues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying the dues.

Well, I realized that pretty much the only game I've played in the past 4 months is BF2 on TG. And with Armed Assault coming, it looks like I'm going to be here a lot longer. As such, I figured its time to take the plunge, so I signed up for a year. See ya in the game.
    sigpic

Re: Paying the dues.

Originally posted by Bodofooko
    Well, I realized that pretty much the only game I've played in the past 4 months is BF2 on TG. And with Armed Assault coming, it looks like I'm going to be here a lot longer. As such, I figured its time to take the plunge, so I signed up for a year. See ya in the game.
    About GD time! :icon19:

One thing people don't realize, when they start here, is that we will be on top of whatever game comes down the pike that fits with TG.

If Armed Assualt is as good as it looks to be, it will be here a very, very long time. If not, there will be something else that Apophis will put up in its place.

We used to joke that TG is the last place you will play games...but there is a bit of truth to that.

Welcome to the TG-Lifers!

Comment

Bodofooko's along for the ride!

Comment

Thank you for your support!
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Nice.. I also recently made the switch from monthly to yearly. Again I realized that this community wasn't limitted to a single game (I often get burned out on games). As I felt more comfortable that things like expansions (SF), mods, other games would be supported, that pushed me over the edge for the longer term committment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner
            Nice.. I also recently made the switch from monthly to yearly.
            For me the switch was from non-sm to yearly. I lollygagged around being a non-sm for long enough that I just decided to dive in with both feet.
            sigpic

Comment

I just became a sm with a one time annual payment too!!

I knew shortly after I started hanging at TG that I would but had to wait til christmas as my wife was a bit perturbed...."$80.oo for WHAT??"

So hate to admit my henpeckedness but there it is...happy to be onboard for the coming year.

TG rocks
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well done, rob!
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Robby I can sympathize. I told my GF that is was given to me on a trial basis because of the many years I have been playing with TG.

Comment

bah - amateurs! the trick is to frame it as only $6.60 a month, and furthermore, without TG you'd spend that daily on beer!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                      bah - amateurs! the trick is to frame it as only $6.60 a month, and furthermore, without TG you'd spend that daily on beer!! ;)
                      imagine me rofl upon this...from the other room..."what are you laughing about dear?"...."oh, nothing honey...I'll come to bed soon...":icon_cool
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yup I had to do some work for a friend of mine with his business. I asked him to pay me through Paypal so I could use that money towards my SM. I asked the wife for $30 and she was cool with it until she asked me what it was for, that's when she got a little miffed. But it was too late by then. he he :) congrats on the SM it's a great feeling to know you are now helping the community
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, guys!
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It took me till my first non-SM kick on BF2 to pledge a years support, and I doubt I'll stop supporting until I quit online gaming...

Utimately, the extra value for money TG gives the games you buy is probably not measurable. The teamwork and awesome in-game experiences on offer here have totally extended my interest in BF2 and have sparked off a return to sinking a lot of time into eve. The next game that piques my interest that TG supports I'll most likely play too. That is worth every penny. This is a sure way of playing online with like minds as opposed to a random crapshoot of egotistical 12 year olds.

It's probably the best gaming investment I've made since my first 3D card.
                            Do or do not, there is no try....
                            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              About GD time! :icon19:

One thing people don't realize, when they start here, is that we will be on top of whatever game comes down the pike that fits with TG.

If Armed Assualt is as good as it looks to be, it will be here a very, very long time. If not, there will be something else that Apophis will put up in its place.

We used to joke that TG is the last place you will play games...but there is a bit of truth to that.

Welcome to the TG-Lifers!

Some important points in this thread that are fairly obscured from view of those who haven't come to that realization themselves.

There has only been a short period of time where I was not an SM, and that was due to severe monetary difficulties. But even when I was too busy to play anything, I still was a SM.

I don't do it to help myself, I do it to help everyone who visits.

Thank you for helping everyone here, and in the rest of the community who cannot see these posts.
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X