Star Wars Empire at War demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Empire at War demo

Later on today Gamestop will be releasing a Star Wars Empire at War demo. Unfortunately I think they are the only ones hosting it.

The demo contains training missions and a part of the Galatic Map mode feature the player as a Rebel base on Hoth and your mission being to liberate Tatooine from the Imperials. The hero units featured are Han, Chewie, and the Falcon for the Rebels and Boba Feet for the Imperials. Game is set for a Feb 15th release.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Star Wars Empire at War demo

I saw that at work, now I'll have to stay up the extra little bit of time to download it =P

Apo should maybe try and snag this one for the member downloads, as I'm sure if GS is the only one hosting it the wait times are going to get huge in a hurry.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Heh, I got right on the download, being that I have a *very* old registration to the gamespot website. 800mb this beast is, yikes. And, as expected, the download speeds are pretty harsh. Fun stuff, Time to leave my PC on while I go to bed.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

A member download mirror would be appreciated. The lowspeed gamespot download keeps dying on me.

Comment

I have an hour total on my download... not from gamespot though
          [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
          [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

It helps to be a gamespot complete member, it took me about 40 minutes on the complete members server to download.
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Or you could just it from file front without paying a penny for an extra 20 minutes
              [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Mishkan
                Or you could just it from file front without paying a penny for an extra 20 minutes

Thank for the update.
                [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
                5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
                [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

http://files.filefront.com/empireatw.../fileinfo.html

Direct link
                  [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Any thoughts on the game yet?

Comment

I was just about to post this, but didn't want to start a new thread...

WOW, no not world of warcraft...

Forget the Lockdown demo, go get the new Star Wars game demo...

I'm not big into sci fi or good at RTS's... but I played the tutorial of this demo this AM and this game Kicks ASS...

love the cinema view, lol...

check it out, most here WON'T be disappointed...
                      http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/empireatwar/
                      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

understand I'm not to smart with RTS's... lol, my plan in all RTS's is to select ALL my military units and attack something.... lol

but it sure looks and plays pretty, I have no clue what makes a good RTS. ;)
                        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Its the best Star Wars RTS. Unfortunately it is not without faults. Better then the Let errr Lockdown demo.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
                            Its the best Star Wars RTS.
                            That's not saying much.

Comment

^^^^I enjoyed Force Comm but found Galatic Battlegrounds to be well a 50 dollar Age of Empire mod.

I find the space combat so lacking in this game. It is sad that a Homeworld 2 mod is better. Not only are the battles 3D but the game has tons of Star Wars units. Z-95s, X-Wings, TIE Defenders etc.

I do recommend trying the demo to anyone though. Especially if you hated Force Comm and Galatic Battlegrounds.
                              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X