LOCKDOWN demo out now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCKDOWN demo out now...

I can't believe we don't have a Rainbow 6 series forum, lol... but we have a CoD forum... lol...

anyway, because I don't know where to post this... the long awaited demo is out... but slow to download because of popularity...

http://www.rainbowsixgame.com/uk/newspost.php?id=14504
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: LOCKDOWN demo out now...

I'll check it out tonight.

Comment

heres some screenshots and comments from me... I would post them directly here, but thats two much work, lol, takes away from gaming...

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boa...c;f=3;t=003026
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

This game makes me want to cry more then 3D Mark 06 does.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

is this demo multiplayer.....
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

sp and mp
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

If the torrent from 3DGamers finishes by the time SF night is over, I'll try it out tonight. Game looks kinda cool.
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

Just finished installing demo .. going to check it out ... BBL
                |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

stoled alot from SWAT4 IMO, which is good...

Nice graphics, nice uniforms, and nice weapons...

AI seems to be dumb as rocks to me, facing wrong direction, getting stuck behind things... idiots.
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

^^^^To me this game is god awful in everyway shape and form. This is by far the WORST Rainbow Six ever.

If you are considering buying this buy SWAT4 and Raven Shield instead.
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

It still feels similar to Raven Shield but the engine change could open up possibilities. I find it runs smoother than Raven Shield and SWAT 4 while looking very good. It's got HDR support for those with video cards that have it. There are water reflections and beautiful fire effects. The flashbangs are decent to use. The range of the bangs don't seem to be the same as Raven Shield but getting hit with one not only affects vision but shocks the body so aimimg isn't perfect. I'm glad to see that getting shot in the hand doesn't make you limp. Using night vision is much better than Raven Shield. Teammates don't glow so brightly so night vision is a pleasure to use. Instead, armpatches give off a faint flashing like a beacon. Grenade throwing is a lot easier now. It shows an arc of the grenade's trajectory. GR players always joked about going to frag throwing school. Looks like we won't need that branch of training anymore. Sound positioning is very good. It's got support for surround sound so 5.1 gamers should rejoice. I have 4.1 and it's still good. Jex threw a flashbang that landed behind me and it sounded like it landed behind me.

The file structure is similar to Ghost Recon so I believe it's an updated GR engine. For the old school GR players, you know what this means for modding support. A lot of game aspects are set by config files like *.mis for missions. It'll be easy to mod weapons to one's liking. It's promising that there will be a mission editor. Anybody remember the days of playing a map to death but only because you're looking at it from a different perspective with different objectives?

I'm still wary of getting it the day it's released. There are a lot of problems in the demo. There are posts in the Ubi forums about sound not working properly and server listings not showing. I found I couldn't host with my software firewall running. It was set to let Lockdown traffic through but I had to disable the firewall before I could host. There is an Ubi friends list that makes joining servers your buddies are on an easy task but it doesn't work for some. Sometimes the join friend button is greyed out or you can click on it but it doesn't do anything. Sometimes servers don't show up in the list. Overall, we spent maybe 1-2 hours trying to play online together. There were too many of us anyway since it's only 4-player coop.

While I say the modding could be good for Lockdown, it may also be slow. We had a lot of new GR missions but very few custom maps. I expect the same for Lockdown. GR required 3D Studio Max to create maps, characters and weapons. Modeling characters and weapons wasn't too bad but an entire map was difficult and extremely time consuming. There are a lot of protocols to follow when creating a map and this could hold back a lot of custom mapping. Also, missions are broken down into a few maps. The first mission required three maps. In MP, the team plays through the first "section" and a mid-mission load occurs. If you died in the first part, you still load the map and you can't see anything because there's no ghost cam. This multiple map per mission could make mapping even longer. On the other hand, it could mean mixing and matching map sections to vary missions.

Lockdown is on my radar but I'm going to wait for reviews. I wouldn't say SWAT 4 and Raven Shield are superior. They have problems too that were mostly design mistakes. If you're looking for CQB action and can only buy one of the three, wait until Lockdown comes out before deciding.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

i think its terrible, they are ruining the franchise by ripping out all of what made the original so great, its just another console shooter now IMO and i definatley wont be buying.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

i played the demo and the AI is dumb, to really test it we need to find a demo server and all join and give it a run down...if someone has found a server that is good or empty we should try it
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                            i played the demo and the AI is dumb, to really test it we need to find a demo server and all join and give it a run down...if someone has found a server that is good or empty we should try it
                            Four of us should get together and one host a game. The demo doesn't have dedicated server support so finding another server would mean losing one slot to a pubbie.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

id do it but ive got a router, if someone can tell me how to set it up thru the router ill do it..
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...